Limecrime Velvetine Liquid-To-Matte Lip Stain Reviews

Ranked #146 out of 655 in Lip Gloss

November 24, 2016

These are great long-wearing lipsticks, all controversy aside.

I have 2 shades, Lana (a metallic bronze) and pumpkin (a dark burnt orange). Both shades are among the thicker formulas of liquid lippies I've tried and they go on super smooth and opaque... A little bit goes a long way! Lana has a lightly sweet scent, kind of like a vanilla cupcake but pumpkin smells odd to me, like play-doh. Not cute, but the smell doesn't linger so that's good. I'm not sure if it's because it's metallic, but Lana actually chipped off the edge of one lip the first time I wore it, but maybe I applied it too thick. That was a weird phenomenon. Otherwise, it stated out extremely well. I wore pumpkin to lunch one day and expected to have to reapply afterwards but I went to the washroom and it was still sitting pretty on my lips! Impressive! It's pretty drying on the lips as a standard liquid lippie would be but nothing outrageous.

Limecrime has gorgeous colours so I may want to try them again in the future.

July 10, 2016

Velvetine matte lipsticks are some of my favourite lipsticks of all time. They really do feel like velvet on the lips, they're richly pigmented and they come in such a unique variety of colours!

January 18, 2016

I bought five of the lime crime velvetine's and I love them. The colours are so unique and beautiful. I get compliments whenever I wear one of them. They are super pigmented and go on fairly easy. They also smell really nice which is a bonus. The only issue I have with the velvetines is that they are SOO drying. My lips feel shriveled when I wear them after 10 minutes. With that being said the colour lasts all day (as long as you don't plan on eating or drinking as the colour starts to wear off in the center of the lips and will start to flake away). I find that I can fix the issue above by applying a small amount to the middle of my lips then blending it out with my finger. If you plan on going to the club and drinking from a small straw then this is the lip product for you!

March 30, 2015

I bought this lip stain in Wicked and it is absolutely gorgeous. I was tempted to buy it after seeing numerous posts on Instagram and I was not disappointed. It goes on smoothly and dries pretty quickly too, but still remains pigmented

January 12, 2015

Great pigmentation
Long lasting
Must use liner because it does tend to run a little
Amazing packaging

October 26, 2014

I had never tried a liquid to matte lipstick/gloss before but was eager to! I heard only amazing things about the Limecrime products so I was right to purchase! The product came quickly and it wears amazing. I can apply during the morning and it will last all day! Even through eating, drinking etc. I use a lipbalm underneath it to stay moisturized because it is matte so it is somewhat drying. It isn't as drying as some plain matte lipsticks though. I will be purchasing more colours of the velvetine. I recommend you go out and buy one right away they are the best thing and I wear mine in Pink Velvet all the time!!

October 11, 2014

I came across Limecrime on Instagram and I was instantly set on purchasing one of their Velvetines. I waited for their Clueless Witch to come out so i could go for the Black Velvet! It was about $30 after shipping, pretty steep, but it is a cruelty-free product and I needed to try it! The packaging is absolutely adorable and tiny, you only get 2.6 mL of product for approximately $30. The product is so high quality, it goes on so smooth, and it wears so well! I tested it while eating a lollipop; still on! I went out to the store, talked my head off; still on! Drank a few glasses of iced tea; STILL on! Then about 6 hours later when i went to eat dinner it slowly started coming off from the inner lip, (as I was licking my lips) so i finally decided to take it off. It came off easily with vaseline and a makeup wipe! I will most likely be purchasing this again in different, more everyday colors.

jujusamples has posted in the forum topic
Beauty Products

Irememberu added a new review for
Milkbone Brushing Chews

Ssamson22 added a new review for
Milkbone Brushing Chews

KieliAnne has posted in the forum topic
Advent calender

jujusamples has started a new forum topic
Beauty Products