Every stunning look begins with a gorgeous foundation. L’Oreal’s Magic Smooth Soufflé creates a flawless, silky, even-toned finish. Apply it daily to achieve smooth, poreless perfection. Available in a wide range of tones, Magic Smooth Soufflé is versatile enough to beautify every skin type.
Average Price: $14.99
This stuff feels alright on the skin however it just doens't have near enough coverage to fit my tastes.
magic smooth foundation feels like silk when you put it on. it covers everything including blemishes. stays on for hours didn't really require touch ups. but, washs off beautiful when the day is done
I had heard a lotnof good things about this product so I wanted to try it out. The consistency is really luxurious and I enjoyed that, but unfourtunetly I'm not head over heels in love with it. For one the formula of this foundation runs light compared to the color in the jar so if you're interested in purchasing it swatch several shades if possible or you may end up looking ghostly, and the foundation itself has a really powdery finish. Another warning is that if you have discolored skin you definitely will need a good concealed with this because I would say it's medium coverage. Overall this is a decent drugstore find that's fun, but isn't going to be a staple in my makeup collection.
A foundation primer is definitely a make-up must have and applying a primer is a step I don't dare skip during my make-up routine. Not only does it ensure your make-up lasts long but it also provides a barrier between your skin and all that make-up you're applying. My two favourite primers are the Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer and the DHC Velvet Skin Coat Primer. The Smashbox Primer is about $35, while the DHC Primer is less costly at $25 but I have to purchase it online since there are no stores that sell it in my area. I have been looking for a drug store alternative and after browsing through several blogs and finding good reviews on it, I thought I would give the L'oreal Paris Studio Secrets Professional Magic Perfecting Base a try.
For a drugstore product, this primer is a little pricey, retailing at $15 so it's best to purchase it when it's on sale. It comes in a glass jar which contains 0.5fl.oz or 15ml of the product. It's a pale pink color and has a thick consistency comparable to whipped cream.
This product claims to:
- smooth lines
- hide pores
- banishes imperfections
and it's silky, lightweight formula will leave the skin feeling velvety smooth, mattified, and looking flawless.
(1) Because of its thick consistency, a little goes a long way with this product. A dollop the size of a pea is enough for your entire face. While you are only getting 0.5fl.oz, the whole jar will definitely last you a while since you don't need to use a lot of the product.
(2) Application of the product is easy. No brush is needed, you can apply the product with just your fingers. It glides and spreads over the skin easily without unnecessary pulling and tugging on the skin.
(3) It definitely does smooth lines, hide pores and mattifies your skin. After applying, your skin will feel very smooth and soft, creating the perfect canvas for your foundation. Your foundation will glide on a lot more smoothly after applying this as a primer.
(4) Unlike water-based primers that require some time to dry after applying, this product requires no drying time and your can apply your make-up right away.
(1) For $15 a jar, I was expecting to get more product. In addition, it's packaging is not the most sanitary since you have to dip your finger in the jar. It would have been better if this product came in a tube or with a pump.
(2) While it does smooth out your skin, it does not provide coverage and does not `banish imperfections`. Unless you already have perfect skin to begin with, you`ll need to apply some foundation to cover up any imperfections and even out your skin tone.
(3) While it does allow make-up to go on easier, it does not extend the wear of your make-up a whole lot nor does it do a great job at controlling shine and oil. After just 4 hours of wearing my make-up, I can already notice my T-zone becoming oily.
(4) While it claims to be non-comedogenic, this product made me break out after using it only 3 times which made me resort to using another primer. I went back to using the product multiple times and getting the same result - me breaking out. This might just be particular to me since I do have very sensitive skin.
For the price, I was expecting this product to do a lot more. While it did smooth out my skin to allow my foundation to go on easier, it is far from being an effective primer. I would invest the extra money to purchase the Smashbox primer
I was happy to find this product looked and worked great. The shades are pretty forgiving, I can use two and they both look good. Great coverage and yet not a heavy feel or look. No looking back, I will be using this for a long time.
This foundation blends well and feels great all day long. However, you MUST exfoliate before using this product. If there is even a small patch of dry skin this foundation will find and highlight it! My skin remained hydrated all day and yet did not get oily after spending a significant period of time outside. If you have dry skin I would recommend giving this a try.
I've tried whipped foundation like this before but I've never liked how it applied or how it looked. I probably wouldn't have bought this just to try, but I was lucky enough to review it for free. I'm really glad I did because this foundation is a lot better than the others I've tried. The foundation is very light but it applies thicker than others I've tried and it seems to have more lasting power (I used it in combination with my L'Oreal magic base so that might also have something to do with it), I like that this foundation feels like it breathes but it's still heavy enough that you know it's going to stay on your face.
*Although this has nothing to do with the products performance I have to say I am a huge fan of how cute the glass jar and bright pink lip the foundation comes in!
I would buy this product in the future... especially if it was on sale!
This is a light foundation that is meant to give your skin a velvety texture and it delivers. It applies really even and smooth and feels delightful on my skin. It really left my skin looking flawless, even and smooth. I noticed that my skin looked brighter and glowy after putting this on, which in turn made me look well-rested (which I was not at the time) and fresh.
I don't wear foundation on a regular basis because I don't think I need it, but I would absolutely use this for occasions when I'm dressing up or if I know pictures will be taken! The texture is light, so I'm not totally sure how well it would work for someone who has pigmentation or spots that need fuller coverage.
I received a sample from the brand for testing.
These reviews are the subjective opinions of ChickAdvisor members and not of ChickAdvisor Inc.