• L'Oreal Ombrelle Protective Milk SPF 60
  • L'Oreal Ombrelle Protective Milk SPF 60

L'Oreal Ombrelle Protective Milk SPF 60 Reviews

Ranked #219 out of 332 in Sun Protection

The Ombrelle product line is formulated to provide protection from the sun's UVA and UVB rays, while at the same time providing moisture and being gentle to the skin. The higher the SPF factor (Sun Protection Factor) the greater the protection with an SPF of 15 providing minimal protection to SPF of 60 providing almost total sun block. Ombrelle Sun Block is a moisturizing sun block specially formulated for sun-intolerant skin. Visit loreal.ca for more information.

October 03, 2016

My doctor actually recommended it when I asked which sunscreen she would suggest. This is a really good sunscreen and gives great protection in the sun. NOT greasy or sticky, a nice subtle scent and overall great product.

June 27, 2011

I love this L'Oreal Ombrelle, its amazing! I have very fair and sensitive skin and i use this religiously!! It soaks in very quickly and provides wonderful protection! I keep it in my purse during the summer months. I also find it to be moisturizing without being greasy. Truthfully i love all variations of Ombrelle!

May 26, 2010

Im a fair skinned person so i need a lot of protection from the sun, with the ombrelle sunscreen i don't have to worry about getting burnt. I've been using this brand since i was little and they have all different spf for every skin type. the sunscreen dries on you fast and is not that oily like many other sunscreens out there. I like the smell of ombrelle too kinda like a perfume!

April 09, 2010

The product works well and lasts longer then some other sunblocks I have tried. I am a farm girl and horse show mom who is in sun alot. I did find the face lotion very greasy and was not too crazy about that. I do not mind the body lotion SPF 60 and plan to use it again this summer.

February 24, 2010

I also have very sun sensitive skin. I've tried the Ombrelle SPF 45 and 60 for the face and body ones. I find the face one to be too greasy. I prefer to use any of the Ombrelle SPF 45 or 60 product for the body even though it might be specifically for the face. It's very effective. I don't get a sunburn with it. It's priced decently. It doesn't have an odour.

December 03, 2009

This is great sunscreen for people with sensitive and fair skin like myself. Everyone should use it. I have used this sunscreen for as long as i can remember. I recommend it to everyone i know. It is sold in almost all stores that sell sun protective products and is relatively inexpensive. It works great and has never dissapointed.

September 16, 2009

I have very sun sensitive skin. Basically that means if I spend any longer than 5-10 minutes in the sun (even in the shade on a sunny day), I will be red and itchy later on. This can put a serious damper on my life because who doesn't like to go out on a warm, sunny day? I tried various difference sunblocks from well-known companies (Coppertone, Banana Boat, etc) but I couldn't find the right coverage for my poor, sun-scared skin.

Then I tried Ombrelle Cream SPF 60. Any it was a revelation! Now I can go outside -- even into direct sunlight -- and not have to worry about my skin. It gives me the protection I require and I thank the folks at L'Oréal for making this particular sunscreen.

According to the label, it contains Mexoryl and Parsol 1789. "Parsol 1789 is an active ingredient which filters UVA rays. Provides a photostable protection throughout the UVA spectrum." (I believe it also contains Titanium Dioxide which is a very effective sunblock.) It states that this product is "for anyone with sun-sensitive or fair skin" and I can vouch for that.

It says that it's "non-greasy" and I would say that's true -- certainly you can feel that something's on your skin but it's not an uncomfortable, messy feeling. It also says it's water resistant and I would also say that's true (note, "water resistent" is not the same as "waterproof").

It says it's "fragance free" but that doesn't mean it doesn't have a scent because it does...but it's not an unpleasant scent -- it's quite appealing. (And since I wear sunblock year-round, I prefer it to not smell like sunscreen, if you know what I mean -- Coppertone always smells like the beach to me which is fine in July but kind of weird in January!)

My only criticisms of this product are its application and its price.

First, it's a cream which means it goes on thick and you have to work to rub it in. I accept this though because I know that's part of what gives me such great sun protection.

Second, the price is on the high end of supermarket/drug store-available sunscreens but I just have to accept that because it gives me the best sun protection I can find. And really, isn't that worth every penny?

For anyone who has sun-sensitive/sun-intolerant skin or who just wants super sun protection, the Ombrelle Cream SPF 60 is the way to go.