L'Oreal Paris Hair Expertise Extraordinary Clay Shampoo Reviews

Ranked #74 out of 1036 in Shampoo

March 21, 2017

I was really surprised with L'Oreal Paris Hair Expertise Extraordinary Clay Shampoo. I was able to wait another day without washing my hair and didn't have to use a dry shampoo in between.

March 05, 2017

This is by far the worst shampoo I have ever used. Doesn't do what it says, it doesn't even make your hair feel clean after using it. I have oily roots and was really excited when I saw this shampoo, I've tried to give it multiple chances for almost a month now, using it in a variety of different ways to try to make it work for me but it just doesn't. My hair gets more greasy by the next day!

February 24, 2017

I love this shampoo, it makes me hair feel really soft plus it gives me an extra day between hair washes which I appreciate because it can be a lot of work washing and drying/straightening my hair more often. I definitely recommend this shampoo.

February 13, 2017

I really enjoy this shampoo! I love the way it makes my hair smell and how it leaves my hair feeling clean and looking super shiny! I definitely recommend it!!

January 24, 2017

my teen daughter had been complaining about having greasy roots - even the very next day after shampooing - We heard about this product and decided to give it a try -- she likes it a lot -- it really helps eliminate these pesky greasy roots and leaves her hair feeling soft !

January 17, 2017

I bought this for two reasons: my scalp has been getting zits for the last few months, and my hair is naturally very greasy after one day. I was hoping mostly to reduce the amount of zits I was getting, which were maybe three or four a week and were more painful than bothersome. I figured the clay was something that would help remove dirt and help dry out the scalp a bit or at least balance the oil production.

The first day I used this shampoo and conditioner, I thought my hair felt very dry and very much like it had a powdery residue as if I had used a bit of dry shampoo on it. Overall, it felt dry and was harder to comb through than normal. I wasn't happy but I continued. The second day, this feeling was reduced, and by the end of the week I have not noticed a residue on the hair anymore - it feels much softer. I don't know whether it just takes a bit of getting used to, but it seems that my hair has learned to work with it. I am still hesitant to go without washing my hair, only because I have had to work every day and want it to be presentable. Today was the first day I did not wash it and I did feel that there was a slight reduction in the greasy-ness of my hair. I still wore my hair up and used a pinch of powder dry shampoo at the roots, but overall it was MUCH better looking than usual. It wasn't stringy and the dry shampoo actually felt like it did something, which doesn't happen when I use regular shampoo and skip a wash.

I haven't noticed any NEW zits on my scalp in the last week, but I will give it more time for hormone fluctuations to see if this works. I like the smell, it is clean and not overpowering, it reminds me of something you might get at a hotel. I am prone to tossing out shampoos after a couple uses, but I am happy to keep using this one, even though I was worried about the residue from the clay.

January 16, 2017

J'avais de grandes attentes envers ce shampoing! On promet des cheveux bien hydraté aux pointes et la racine propre prendant 72 hrs. La fille en moi qui se lave les cheveux tous les jours faute de cheveux gras, s'est réjouie de ce nouveau produit! Cependant, j'ai été vraiment très très déçue... Oui il hydrate bien les cheuveux, par contre il ne tient pas du tout sa promesse de cheveux propre 72 hrs, ça même été pire que le shampoing normal que j'utilise habituellement... Mes cheveux ont été alourdis en plus de ne plus être propre et tout huileux au bout de même pas 24 hr. Vraiment je ne le recommende pas du tout si vous avez les cheveux gras...

January 05, 2017

This product seems to be directed toward people with oily roots or people who do not wash their hair everyday. I try to go 2 days without washing my hair and rely heavily on dry shampoo. Using this product lately and I have noticed a difference; not a big difference yet as it is still fairly new but I see its potential.

Its main ingredient and selling point is the clay. Now I'm familiar with clay as I use it for skincare and I know the results it has for drawing out the grease. So, if you have dry hair, this isn't the right product for you.

If you're like me and have oily roots and dry ends, then give it a go. The scent is quite nice but doesn't stay unless you use it with the conditioner I reckon. It is also good for the value. I haven't given it 5 stars purely because I want to see how well it fares once I've used it religiously then I'll edit if it's warranted.

January 05, 2017

I am so impressed with this shampoo and conditioner and well the whole clay line. I have very long hair that is baby fine but LOTS of it and have struggled to find a product that can be used for both my oily roots and my dry ends; I usually have to deal with one or the other. This shampoo smells terrific, leathers up great and rinses out easily and you can tell your hair is really clean even while it is still wet. My hair feels light and clean and visibly less oily. Plus my hubby loves the smell

January 05, 2017

This is the best shampoo that you can buy from the drug store if you have oily hair, like me! This product is so good! I love how effective it is and can keep the hair fresh for three days for me. The shampoo is very refreshing as well, it has a cooling sensation. It is not expensive and because it lathers really nicely, you don't have to use very much to get the effectiveness.