LUSH Coalface Cleanser Reviews

Ranked #585 out of 944 in Facial Cleansers

Coal Face is ideal for those of you who loving washing your faces with a good, old-fashioned bar of soap. Except, there’s nothing antiquated about this preservative-free facial cleanser. Inspired by the complexion bar in ‘Annie Hall’, we created Coal Face for combination to oily faces. Powdered charcoal absorbs excess sebum and acts as a mild exfoliator, while rosewood and sandalwood oils reduce redness and clear up blemishes. Use Coal Face daily for clear, balanced skin.

November 30, 2016

I LOOOOOVE this product. It is fantastic. It gives the mattifying effect of the dark angels cleanser, but it doesn't have as much of an exfoliating factor, so it's great for sensitive skin. Love love love!

October 11, 2016

I know it's kind of pricey for a bar of soap but honestly, this stuff is magic. It lasts ages and it got rid of EVERY blemish on my face. Hormonal acne was my nemesis but this beats it 100%

February 11, 2016

Lushes Coalface cleanser is my favourite. The effectiveness is very high. I could feel it working from the first wash. It is a nice price and lasts a long time.

January 22, 2016

This cleanser definitely left my skin feeling clean, however it also dried out my skin terribly!

August 23, 2015

An amazing product for oily skin as it balances oils on the face and leaves skin feeling extra squeaky clean! Coal ingredients helps a lot with acne and spots. It also has small granules which helps scrub off a bit of the dead skin. I use it every evening as morning use dries up the face quite a bit before makeup application. Overall an excellent soap which helps clean face thoroughly after removing makeup! Would recommend to people with oily and acne prone skin!

June 16, 2015

Wow ! I don't use it every day because it dries my skin a little, but it is so effective in cleaning my skin and my pores. Some don't like the scent but personally I llove it.

June 08, 2015

This soap will knock the crap out of the dirt and build up in your pores. it is great as a cleanser but I prefer to use it as a mask. Leave it on your skin for 10 min, wash off then follow up with tea tree oil or rosewater toner and a fabulous moisturizer and your good to go.

May 29, 2015

LOVE LOVE LOVE! I am 41 and have oily sensitive skin. I wear makeuo daily. This soap washes my face squeaky clean the first time leaving it clean, soft and exfoliated. Does not cause breakouts!

May 11, 2015

I love this cleanser, I notice a huge difference with blackheads while using this product.

February 11, 2015

It smells like black licorice so if you don't like that smell then this may not be for you. It melts in your hand which turns it black but easy to wash off. You can feel it working when you put it on your face. I like to rub it all over my face to feel the product taking off the dead skin then use my hands to finish washing my face. I only use it once a week so it lasts longer.