Cupcake is our one Fresh Face Mask that was created for a bit of fun. At the time, our inventor’s daughter was a young girl having slumber parties with her girlfriends every weekend, so he whipped up a chocolate mint mask for young, oily skin (officially solidifying him as the coolest dad ever). If you suffer from oily or spotty skin, slather it in this cocoa concoction. With spearmint oil to cool, vanilla absolute to calm redness and Rhassoul mud to deeply cleanse- Cupcake is a sweet savior for young faces. Smothering yourself in chocolate for clearer skin? Every teenage girl’s dream. .
Pros: SMELLS LIKE A CHOCOLATE CUPCAKE!, helps to balance out my greasy face, affordable, fresh face mask, not tested on animals
Cons: need to "thaw out" before use (take out of fridge 30+ mins before use and I'm super forgetful)
Love this fresh face mask. My skin is left soft, smooth and more clear after each use. I love the chocolate scent. It's super smooth too apply also, and doesn't make skin feel tight or dry.
I love this mask but hate the smell. I love/hate this. The product itself is great my skin feels so clean after I wash it off. I have dry skin and when I feel like I have added too much oil and creams to my face I use this mask to pull all the extra oil out.
I LOVE the smell of this product but I hate the fact that theses mask are only good for about a month. I usually do a mask once a week but when I buy this on I do it about every two days. The skin looks healthy after it and my pores look smaller.
Is it bad that I want to eat this lol This mask is really nice! It smells and looks like chocolate. Since you have to keep it in the fridge, it's so cool and soothing when you apply it. It makes my skin feel really soft and fresh. Also helps control my oil
Amazing, amazing, AH-MAZING!! This product smells so yummy and leaves my skin smoother than a baby's bottom !!
I loved this mask! It smelled good enough to eat!! You keep it in the fridge to keep it fresh, so when you put it on your face, it's deliciously cool! It washes off nicely and left my face feeling soft and smooth! I loved it!!
Smells tasty, is an effective mud mask that softens your skin and moisturizes it (I have combo skin but it didn't leave a greasy film or anything after) and good for sensitive skin. I have REALLY sensitive skin that reacts to most products with too many chemicals and fragrances so going for the more natural stuff is always better. Plus, they have a deal where for every 5 empty tins you bring back, you get a free face mask. So why not try it out??
This is a small pot, but you get about 3-4 uses, more if you apply less.
Overall I found it ok, but not the best. Here is my pro/con list
- smells great - chocolate with orange and mint, very nice,you want to eat it not use it as a face mask
- my skin felt pretty nice afterwards in terms of softness
- has fresh ingredients and less preservatives (hence you have to refrigerate it and it expries in about 3 weeks since it is made)
- I love the little black pots it comes in and that you can collect them and return them for a full mask
- you have to refrigerate it, so you kind of have to plan your LUSH shopping trip, because once you buy it it has to go in the fridge within 4 hours or so...so you couldn't buy it in the morning and have a whole day of school/work with no fridge around
- didn't do much for my skin, except made it a little softer, which any mask will do, I did not see any improvement in pores or skin tone
- applying and taking it off can be a demanding task - it is very thick and can be very hard and time consuming to get off once it dries a little, also messy too
- did nothing for the few pimples I had. I have very mild acne, a pimple here and there, nothing major, but after using the mask for 3 weeks, I did not notice a change at all.
Overall I did not hate this mask, but I don't think i would buy it again. I would try other LUSH masks though, because I love masks and LUSH.
I recently tried the cupcake mask at a friends.
I had started a new job and my face has started to break out quite a bit.
By the next day, most of my blemishes were drying up, and by the day after, they were gone.
I just went out tonight to get some for myself. You do have to keep in in the fridge but it feels great when you're putting it on. It's good for almost a month from the time it is made. It costs $6.95 and you can get 3-4 masks out of it.
As a bonus, if you save the containers the masks come in, you can return 5 to get a free one of your choice.
I definitely recommend trying this.
These reviews are the subjective opinions of ChickAdvisor members and not of ChickAdvisor Inc.