LUSH Cynthia Sylvia Stout Shampoo

LUSH Cynthia Sylvia Stout Shampoo Reviews

Ranked #842 out of 935 in Shampoo

September 22, 2016

By far the best smelling shampoo out there! No need to wear perfume after washing your hair with this. I get compliments all the time. The smell is hard to describe and don't be fooled by the use of beer - you won't end up smelling like a bar! Highly recommend pairing it with the American Cream conditioner from Lush.

March 22, 2016

Smells like brewery in the best possible way ever.

It does wonders for my hair, even my boyfriend loves it!

It makes my hair very soft & light. Shiny but not overly shiny!

* I have longer, curly-wavy sometimes frizzy hair that does tangle easy, thin, but a lot of it! *

April 29, 2009

Holy lather, Batman! When they said this shampoo would lather really well, they mean it!

I've heard that [flat] beer is supposed to be really good on your hair, so hearing that Cynthia Sylvia's main ingredient was a stout, my curiosity peeked. The Irish stout used is meant to give a little more weight to your lifeless hair, while the lemon in it helps give shine. My hair looks, feels, and smells awesome!

February 11, 2009

Ingredients: Irish Stout (Beer), Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Cocoamide DEA, Lauryl Betaine, Yeast Infusion (Yeast betaglucan), Fresh Lemon Juice (Citrus limonum), Cognac Oil, Lemon Oil (Citrus limonum), Perfume, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

Lush description: We don't make an organic stout and lemon oil shampoo because we can; we make it because it works. It gives weight, shine and condition to frizzy hair, and keeps fine hair under control and kink free. For control, body and extreme shine.

My thoughts:I LOVE this shampoo. I got it just for the fact that I wanted to all the Lush hair products. I only bought the small bottle and after a week I had to buy the largest size. I love the smell. I thought "uh Cognac and Irish beer oh this is going to be interesting and stinky". The smell is more of a guy type smell but oddly I love it in my hair. I wish they made a conditioner that smelled just like it.

My Hair type: Fine baby hair but I have a full thick head of it. Oily scalp with ends prone to dryness. Light wavy when it is past my shoulders but otherwise it's straight. Virgin hair, not color or had any chemical application.

The effects: It leaves my hair super shiny and the fine hair in control but still with some body to it. No matter what shampoo I use I always follow with a conditioner.