LUSH Seanik Solid Shampoo Bar Reviews

Ranked #565 out of 936 in Shampoo

Soften tangled locks and add oceans of shine with this mineral-rich, sea salt volumizing shampoo. Like a trip to a blue lagoon, Seanik is made with the best ingredients from the sea; softening Irish moss seaweed, and Japanese nori seaweed to make your hair soft as silk from root to tips, and sea salt to give body and volume to hair that’s fallen flat. One seriously sexy shampoo, we added lemon oil for extra shine, and the exotic far eastern fragrance of sensual mimosa and jasmine oils to bathe you in the heady scent of tropical flora all day long.

May 18, 2016

Seanik was the first shampoo bar I've tried from Lush, and recently I came back to it. I have to say I have long, coarse hair, that gets straight or wavy depending on its mood. Seanik is supposed to give volume, hence my choice.
I wanted to show on the picture that even after wetting it a lot and rubbing on my hand, it didn't lather well. This doesn't bother me, but I know some people like lots of lather. Also, the first ingredient is SLS, if you are avoiding that - I am not. The rest of the ingredients are mostly natural.
This baby is HIGHLY concentrated. If you use too much it will strip all of the oils out of your hair and scalp. I recommend you don't run it down your hair, just a few quick strokes along your scalp, and then rub it in well with your fingers. Make sure your hair and scalp is thoroughly wet before using it.
The little pieces of algae can stay in your hair, but there aren't too many, and it's easy to remove them once your hair is dry.
As far as the performance goes, this shampoo does give me some volume, and it cleans very well. Like one wash and go well, although I always have to use conditioner afterwards (but I always use conditioner anyways - coarse hair). I can't say anything about it adding shine, since I use Moroccan Argan oil, which adds shine itself. It does dry out my hair a bit, so I alternate it with another, more gentles shampoo (one star off).
Also, the bar is very convenient and economical - it lasts about 6 months for me, which is a steal for that price. It is easy to carry around, too (to the gym, travel etc). Highly recommended.

February 01, 2016

A few months ago I began using LUSH shampoo bars because I wanted to save money and reduce my plastic waste. I am very glad I started this and I will likely not go back to buying shampoos. This bar is extremely easy to use, does not take up a lot of room and is very economical because it lasts so long!! I wash my hair every other day and I can probably get 3-4 months out of this. BONUS - the smell is amazing.

May 11, 2015

My favourite of the shampoo bars, I'm already on my second one!!!

June 06, 2014

My first solid shampoo and I loved it! I actually enjoyed the scent, despite the seaweed in it. It's supposed to promote shine, buut I didn't notice that. I have fine limp hair and I did see a change in it's volume. I love how it's compact...great for travel! And it lasts a long time. So it may seem expensive compared to a drug store brand, but I'm in my 3rd month of using the first bar! I already bought a different shampoo bar and a conditioner bar:)

March 27, 2014

I bought this in prep for a 6 week trip to SE Asia, in an attempt to save space in my backpack and not have to worry about a leaky bottle. The smell is great, and it lathers really well. It also lasts! The solid jungle conditioner I bought with it ran out a week before the end of my trip, but I still had at least half of this bar left. The only downside is that it doesn't do much for detangling (I have fine, straight hair) and if you're not careful with your rinse, you'll end up with little green chunks in your hair (you can see them in the bar). Didn't do much as far as adding any volume, but kept my hair clean and smelling nice. I also ended up with a small rash on the back of my head (underneath my hair) after using this product, but I can't say for sure that it was because of this or the conditioner I was using, or just a skin reaction to the climate. Overall, a great product for travel, but I won't trade my usual liquid shampoo when I'm at home for this bar.

February 27, 2013

I wasn't crazy about the scent of this bar, but it worked just as well as the other ones I've tried. Lots of lather and rinses clean.

February 24, 2013

I love the solid shampoo bars from lush.I have tried most of them and Karma is my favorite but this is also one of my favorites.They are so convenient and last such a long time.They lather up really well and always leave my hair feeling clean and smelling great.My hair also always feels really soft and so manageable after shampooing with this.These solid soaps are perfect for traveling lightweight and they don't take up much room in a suitcase.

February 24, 2013

Even though this is not specifically meant for oily hair it does the trick! I can only wash my hair every second day. My hair is oily and if i wash it too often it tends to fight back and get greaser!! However my hair was looking horrible the 2nd day, until i tried this shampoo. It lasts forever and makes my hair look great.

July 04, 2012

My hair goes almost to my waist. My hair only get greasy at the roots, and with this bar I can choose where the suds will go ! I wash 3/4 of the way down, but I don't wash my ends. Since buying this shampoo, It has lasted me about a month and a bit and around half the bar is left. So worth the money ! I have absolutely no split ends and my hair smells great. A positive re-purchase.

May 29, 2012

Lush ....you can not go wrong with this product.Its great for kids to because they are in control of the solid form shampoo instead of having the liquid which usually gets into the eyes at one time or another.The smell is awsome.Not for kids under 5 because they will try and eat it.But really impressed with this shampoo idea.I had a free sample of this when I purchased something from lush once and now I return to buy more and more products.What a great idea

Anonymous has posted in the forum topic
Best straighteners out there?

Foot Care

laura2423 added a new review for
MotriMAX 12 hour

free perfume sample!

ChiackAdvisor app?????

TiaQ has started a new forum topic
free perfume sample!