• MAC Cosmetics 217 Eye Shadow Blending Brush
Good

MAC Cosmetics 217 Eye Shadow Blending Brush Reviews

Ranked #421 out of 456 in Makeup Brushes & Tools

October 14, 2016

This is my first Mac brush, one of my only high end brushes. It's fluffy but not too big. Very soft on your eyelids and blends eyeshadows perfectly. Sometimes I only use it to blend, other times I use it to apply a light eyeshadow all over my lids and avoid any harsh lines. I've had it for at least 3 years and it kept its nice dome shape. HIghly recommend!

May 25, 2015

I didn't know brushes could do the work for you. For the longest time I could never figure out why I was so bad at blending. I tried my fingers, q-tips, other mac brushes, other brand's brushes. I thought it was me. It probably still is me, but now I have a power tool. The #217 brush is a Holy Grail product, because:
-it's soft
-it's tapered perfectly
-it's springy
-it only needs a light touch
I'm serious when I say it only needs a light touch. I started buffing away when I first got it, thinking it would work like all the others. NOPE! Just a few light sweeps is all it takes, and you've got amazing blending. It's also just large enough to do some highlighting, something the artists at MAC told me when I purchased it, and it's perfect for that as well.
I would definitely purchase another one when this one starts to go but it's kept up very well despite my constant use of it. I'm also a bit of a germaphobe so I wash my brushes a LOT, and I have not noticed any shedding, so I foresee it lasting quite a while.

April 29, 2015

BEST. CREASE. BRUSH. EVER. I will keep this and repurchase until the day I die, bury me with my brushes

August 18, 2009

This brush is a great crease brush. I use it for two main purposes. If I'm trying to build up a lighter shade of eye shadow for a more subtle look, i use this to lightly deposit color. This is also a great brush for blending our harsh lines and the creases. The quality is pretty amazing. Like a lot of MAC brushes. I wash them often and they don't deform or shed. The dome shape really helps the blending. Overall, i think i grab this brush everyday and is a must have if you are looking to buy some basic makeup brushes.

August 13, 2009

I've never had such a high quality brush touch my eyelids before. This is the best crease brush / blending brush ever. It is soft but dense, and deposits the perfect amount of colour in the crease. I also love it for blending colours together. I have a pretty small lid space and I have no problems with the size. I can imagine it to be perfect for ladies with deeper set eyes though.

It is expensive, but if I were to take any single eye brush to take with me in a deserted island, this would be it. Go buy it now!

May 20, 2007

I bought this brush the other day when purchasing eye shadows. The brush is of amazing quality and works very well, the shadow colours blend together seamlessly without any crease lines or weird marks. The ferrules are also extremely soft and plentiful. As a painter myself, I know the importance of using quality brushes, and they can greatly impact the end result!

I still can't beleive that I paid that much for a make up brush! I was in Sephora the other day, and I saw that they sell similiar brushes in style and quality - only cheaper. Next time I think I will try a brush from Sephora instead!

Chick Advisor cosmetic Bag

The unwanted

Newest Kutcher addition

tracy1963 has posted in the forum topic

Irememberu has started a new forum topic
The unwanted