MAC Cosmetics Cleanse Off Oil Reviews

Ranked #93 out of 98 in Beauty Oil

An industry-strength oil-based makeup remover that's gentle on the skin. Botanically formulated with oils of olive fruit, evening primrose and jojoba seed and absolutely 100 percent mineral-oil free. Massages onto the skin to loosen all makeup, including waterproof mascara. Emulsifies into a lotion-type liquid with water: rinses off easily, no tissues required - and no residue! Protects with vitamin E. Skin softening and conditioning.

June 16, 2015

I have used various cleansing oils in my life, and for my incredibly dry and sometimes combination skin (I live in a cold, dry climate that is the constant bane of my skin's existence), this oil cleanser is my favorite. I have found that other oil cleansers apply quite heavily and do not do a perfect job of removing my makeup. The Mac cleanse off oil massages into the skin smoothly and with a lightweight feel. It is to be applied without water at first, and once you rinse it off with water, it will form a milky texture rather than sud. It does not perfectly remove all of my makeup, but it is the best that I have found for this (I would recommend removing eye makeup/heavy foundations with a different wash or makeup remover prior).

The reason that the oil cleanser is nice is because it hydrates my skin and gives it a dewy glow. There are days when my skin does not react well to oil cleansers in general; but when I do want to use this product, I love the way it works and feels. I often use this before my evening or sleep time, when I am not about to apply makeup right after, but it is lightweight enough that I would feel comfortable doing so (whereas other heavier oil cleaners I do not enjoy in the morning).

September 02, 2014

I love this cleansing oil! It removes all traces of makeup, even waterproof mascara. It doesn't leave a greasy or oily film on my skin like the Sephora brand of cleanse-off oil does. It's about $30 for a bottle, but it money well spent. Highly recommend.

September 06, 2012

Pretty much gets off all my make up - including waterproof in one swipe!

July 26, 2009

I bought this on a whim, figuring I would try it to remove my liquid liner. The MAC cosmetics lady assured me it would work well, and it really did for getting off the tough stuff, like liquid liner and mascara. It has lasted me forever also which is nice.
I had kind of forgotten about it, but then I got my makeup done this weekend for a wedding. I had a LOT of eye makeup and bronzer, etc on, and I took one look in the mirror at 2am and felt the impending doom of trying to remove it all and not get it on my beautifully spotless, white, Egyptian cotton sheets. I finally for the first time dug this out and gave it a shot on my whole face. I massaged it in with a soft cotton pad and then just soaked my face with my hands a few times.
And VOILA. Absolutely EVERY bit of makeup was gone. I went from fully done up to completely natural in one wash. I put on some moisturizer and it was like it never happened and I was clean and ready for bed.
This stuff is a lifesaver. Even if you only really makeup once in a while, or you have stubborn mascara or eyeliner, trust me its worth it. Its like a magic eraser for your face.
I have pretty dry skin, and it didnt make me break out, but im not sure how the whole oil remover concept would work on more oily skin. I also have very sensitive skin and am very prone to allergic reactions, but this was incredibly mild and felt great on my skin.
The only weird thing that happens is your eyes kinda cloud a bit after washing.. its really odd, but im not sure if its because im not doing it right or what. No stinging or anything though, so im sure im fine :)

April 19, 2008

Loves, loves, loves this stuff. This is the best product I've found to remove all my makeup quickly and gently (and with minimal eye-sting). What I normally do with this is rub it over my whole face while it's dry, then wet my hands and massage so the oil starts to lather a little bit, then rub it all off with a damp washcloth. It works great and my face is totally clean afterward. I have extremely oily skin and I this doesn't make my skin any oilier, which I was worried about. This is definitely my HG for gentle but thorough makeup removal. I only removed one star because I think it's a bit pricey; but it's worth it.