MAC Cosmetics Mineralize Satin Finish SPF 15 Foundation Reviews

Ranked #406 out of 595 in Foundation

A fluid foundation that blends the natural light-reflecting properties of micro-minerals with a smooth satin finish. Visit www.maccosmetics.com for more info.

July 07, 2015

Well worth the money. It is the perfect match. Gives good coverage with light application. I use it everyday and it lasts forever.

July 25, 2013

My go-to foundation. Great coverage and finish.

May 29, 2012

Great foundation, don't need any powder has a very smooth finish

May 16, 2012

This is my FAVORITE foundation ever.
I have tried many different kinds, but this one is the winner.

It has great coverage, matched my skin perfectly with shade NW20 and always preforms well.

I love the texture and the fact that it stays on all day. You dont even need to use powder if you don't want to.

This foundation is THE BEST!

June 30, 2011

This product is great! I have tried so many different foundations and I like this one because it covers well and it isn't cakey. One con that I have noticed though is that it is kind of hard to blend it in all the way and also it doesn't last as long as I would like it to. I do think it is worth the money although I do think it is a better product for the winter since it is still a foundation and thats just too much in the summer. I definately recommend this product to anyone who is looking for a good covering foundation and I love that there is spf 15!

June 28, 2011

As a fair skinned person I NEED SPF in my foundation, however most products I have tried with SPF in them are either WAY to expensive, feel heavy, or just don't work. This foundation from Mac is entirely different. It goes on so nicely, isn't heavy, and matches my skin tone perfectly all while protecting me from the sun! It's perfect!

June 27, 2011

This is my dream foundation. I'd been using Rimmel foundations up until four years ago, then last year I bought this stuff when I walk by a MAC store.
The girl there immediately suggested this, which I'd already been eyeing, and pulled a shade -- match made in heaven. Honestly, any 3 shades over from yours would match; these blend so well. I've used mine on friends, even my boyfriend, who have paler skin than me and it blends right in. Wiping/washing off a bit seems to show no difference in shade, to me.
This stuff doesn't dry to a dusty powder like many foundations, even if applied with your fingers you shouldn't see streaks or build up on any peachfuzz (I do recommend a sponge or brush though, the effect shows better). It has an amazing dewy finish, which is how you can fake the no-makeup look so well. It's not sheer, but not a thick foundation, but it layers well if you need the extra coverage. I use it for everything from day-to-day to nights out.

I need to go buy a new shade for my summer glow; I'm never buying another foundation. Ever.

May 28, 2010

I just love this foundation,. it gives a great shear look that i love. coverage is average...but with a little bit of spot treatment on any in particular blemishes it gives a great finished look

March 16, 2010

I do not like this product at all. When they discontinued my Hyper Real foundation, the makeup artist at Mac strongly suggested I use this product instead as the finish would look about the same and it was mineral so better for my face. My face went all tingly when it was first applied and then my face reacted to this product. I don't understand how something that is supposed to be all natural and better for my face would cause my face to have such a reaction when their other products have never done this to me. Anyway, after this and several other attempts to find a foundation that could replace the Hyper Real, I gave up, 15 years later I am no longer a Mac girl when it comes to foundation. Such is life I guess!

June 23, 2009

I absolutely LOVE this foundation. I like trying new things, and recently Ive been looking for a foundation that is similar to this one, but with no luck. All the foundations out there are either too heavy, too cakey, not enough coverage, wrong colour.. etc. This is my lifetime foundation, and I have just began to live with the fact that there are no substitutes that even measure up. Its a mineral foundation, which unlike most of MAC products will not make you break out, because it is all from natural substances. It is available in such a wide range of colours, that, if you cannot find your colour..there must be something wrong with you. Most of the colours will adapt to your skin colour and blend in. It also provides decent coverage (i use a dab of concealer under the foundation for any big blemishes) and it is not cakey, in fact I am told that it does not look like I am wearing makeup,, when really I am wearing quite a bit. It gives you a nice flawless finish, that will not rub off throughout the day. In general, i highly recommend this foundation, to anyone who may not have an even skin tone, or needs coverage in only specific places (under eye, blemish)