MAC Cosmetics Prep & Prime Eye Primer

MAC Cosmetics Prep & Prime Eye Primer Reviews

Ranked #303 out of 322 in Primer

MAC Prep & Prime Eye is a light textured cream to wear on the eyes as an undercoat to eye makeup. By priming the lids, and smoothing textures, you lid will be neutralized for eye shadow application. Visit MACcosmetics.com for more information.

January 27, 2015

I tried many eye primers and i always came back to mac eye primer. The days that i use it my eye makup lasts all day. For the price that you pay it lasts really long time. I really love this eye primer

May 17, 2013

I have oily skin and this product has made all of the difference! I use pigment eyeshadows and they kept rubbing off easily. Over the course of the day my eye makeup would completely disappear. Once I began using Prep and Prime my eyeshadow has been staying on better than ever! It is easy to apply and blends well! Great product!

August 10, 2011

My sister in law introduced me to this product! It is amazing! Keeps your eyeshadow and liner in its place all day!!! which is totally awesome! I love love my MAC makeup and would recommend it to everyone!.

May 24, 2010

For the woman who first reviewed this product, try Coastal Scents CamoQuad concealer as an eye shadow base. Amusingly, it doesn't work well as a concealer, but it does work wonders for me as an eye primer. I believe it's still around $5 and has 4 colors. It goes really far and shadows cling to it. I haven't experienced any creasing with it whatsoever. It'll last you forever and won't break the bank.

I tried this primer from MAC (always ask for a sample before laying out the cash on their often overpriced products) and found that it didn't work any better than the Coastal Scents product. This one actually works better and is far cheaper. For me, anyways.

The other thing you may not be aware of is that you can take your MAC products back at any time if you're not satisfied with them. I've returned so many of their products for exchanges or refunds, even without my receipt and even their products that I bought overseas. I'm notorious for losing receipts and can't be bothered to hang on to them, quite honestly. Don't waste you money. Go get it back!

April 27, 2010

Back before I realized the saving makeup grace that is eye primer, I had to struggle with those annoying mid-day eyeshadow creases that looked oh-so glamorously oily and mangled on my eyelids. When I found out that primer was the answer, I paid (and literally ending up paying) for a visit to my local MAC store. There, a kindly salesgirl led me to my solution: the MAC Prep Prime Eye (in Light). "This will help to keep your eyeshadow on," she informed me. For a five-gram jar, the price was expensive, but what can a girl do? I ended up spending my birthday money on it, and was on my way.

A couple of days later, when I had the opportunity to use it, I discovered it was not all as great as it seemed. For one thing, the primer looked and functioned too much like a concealer. When I applied it to my eyelids, it began to crease, which ironically, defeated its purpose. While it did not compromise the colour of my eyeshadows, its staying power is a measly four hours at best before it begins to crease.

As it happened, I ended up buying Urban Decay’s Eyeshadow Primer Potion to help combat my problem. Reluctant to throw away the MAC primer, I still use it at times as a concealer, but never again for its priming powers (or lack of).