MAC Cosmetics Prep+Prime Skin Base Reviews

Ranked #313 out of 323 in Primer

An ultra-fluid lotion formulated with special-effect silicones. Calms and soothes the skin, blots away excess oil, and evens out skin redness. Improves the laydown and application of foundation or powder.

March 10, 2016

I really like this product and use it daily. I have oily skin and usually need to apply powder by mid day to remove the shine. This product prevents that oiliness from showing up almost all day. I don't break out with my sensitive skin. I find it leaves my foundation looking really smooth and it stays put all day until I remove my make up at night time.

August 14, 2014

I love this primer! One of my favourites.

July 16, 2014

This stuff was really average, I don't think it really did anything at all... except for maybe cause an acne flare up? I'm not sure, but I wouldn't really recommend this if you have pimples..

August 27, 2012

I am a huge fan of MAC cosmetics, but I don't think there is really anything special about this primer. It feels more like a moisterizer when you put it on, and doesn't really give me a soft/smooth feeling face like other primers do. It has a little glitter in it so it does lighten up your face a bit, but other than that I don't think it does much. I don't find my makeup goes on any smoother with this.

June 21, 2010

It works 'OK' .... nothing special. It feels silky and smooth but thats about it. I had very oily skin when I used this product and it didnt seem like it made my makeup stay in place.

July 22, 2009

This is an okay primer. It's really smooth and satiny like a primer should be. I think there's a hint of shimmer/sheen/gleam on it. It doesn't have any skin care properties, it just acts as base. It does a good job at prepping the face. Makes it nice and smooth. You do have to wait or it to dry for about 2-4 minutes before using so that it doesn't ball up your foundation. I found that it works the best with creamy/liquid foundation. I'm not that oily so i can't comment on that. But i won't really buy this to use as a staple. The price is a bit steep for a small bottle. I also use mineral foundation and it doesn't work as well. But if you're looking for a satiny smooth base for apply liquids and cream foundation, this is a good candidate.

January 31, 2009

I love this. It makes my face feel like satin whenever I put it on, and it makes my foundation pop and apply evenly. I love putting it on after a generous dose of Studio Moisture Fix Moisturizer. Make sure to use a foundation brush to apply it, as you will save more product (it is pricey), and your foundation will apply more evenly. Love this.

October 09, 2008

This primer works great feels amazing but at almost 20.00 for 1oz I honestly can say it's not worth it I have found many foundation primers do not work on me but I have found another primer at 9.99 that is amazing and at half the price I would only buy mac prep and prime if I couldn't find my other primer..