MAC Cosmetics Studio Moisture Tint SPF15

MAC Cosmetics Studio Moisture Tint SPF15 Reviews

1 review
Ranked #180 out of 183 in BB Creams

August 11, 2010

I'm loving the MAC Studio Moisture Tint that came out in MAC's Baby Bloom Collection last summer. I pretty much got mine the day it came out so I've been using it very often in the past year, especially this summer with all the humidity....
First I want to point out that it's a tinted moisturizer. I know I put this in a foundation category and that's only because I couldn't find a TM category.

So I got mine in the shade "Medium Dark" initially. I now mix it with the "Medium" shade (I'm an NC30) - so I liked it enough to buy two in different shades.

I'm not really a tinted moisturizer type of girl because I like medium buildable coverage when it comes to foundation. But this tinted moisturizer really surprised me with the amount of coverage it gave - it's definitely a medium coverage in terms of foundation and after using a bit of concealer and powder to finish it off, it gives the same coverage as any other foundation I have right now. I apply it with my fingers so perhaps that's why I get a heavier coverage out of it - I'm sure if I used my foundation brush to apply this, it would be a lighter coverage.

I really like the feel of this tinted moisturizer because it is lightweight. It's not drying at all and not oily either like some liquid foundations and I really like how there is an SPF 15 in it.

The tinted moisturizer lasts just as long as any other long wearing foundation I have at the moment (Revlon Colourstay and MAC's Studio fix foundation powder) even in humid weather since I was wearing it during some very humid days here in Toronto.

In terms of the smell, I think I can smell a slight hint of sunscreen in it but it has a really light scent which is somewhat pleasant (not a bad smell for me at least) and it'll fade away by the time it settles into your skin.

I honestly can't think of anything negative about this tinted moisturizer (other than price?) and I've noticed I've reached for this more often than my other foundations in the past month. I've already repurchased several tubes since I first got mine last summer. I highly recommend this if you're looking for a leight weight, long wearing foundation that provides medium buildable coverage.

I already have my younger sister onto this tinted moisturizer and I she's totally into the full coverage foundation (MAC studio fix, Make Up Forever's Full Coverage concealer, some powder as well)!

Ssamson22 added a new review for
Milkbone Brushing Chews

KieliAnne has posted in the forum topic
Advent calender

jujusamples has started a new forum topic
Beauty Products

KieliAnne has posted in the forum topic
SINGLE AT CHRISTMAS

KieliAnne added a new review for
Lysol Disinfecting Wipes

Khaleesi86 has posted in the forum topic
Gelaze

TiaQ added a new review for
Baby Cubes - 70 ml