Macbeth
Good

Macbeth Reviews

Ranked #22 out of 960 in Books

September 19, 2016

The Bards best work. Interesting and easy to follow. No romantic nonsense, can't stand romance. I liked it even better the second time I read it, the older style of english takes a bit of getting used to.

June 26, 2016

I actually enjoyed this book although it might difficult for some to read since it's very old English. I had to read this in high school in about 10th grade I think it was and this story was one of my favorite Shakespeare books.

April 28, 2016

We read Macbeth in school. It is a classic. I didn't think I would like it but I did. I had to take the book home ans keep reading unlike other books we had to read it school I read this one all the way to the ending. It wanted you to keep reading.

February 24, 2016

l found this to be one of the most understandable plays language-wise for Shakespeare, but is definitely one of the most deep and riveting. Is Macbeth seeing the dagger or is it just his imagination? So many deep themes in this play, and I love the complexity of Lady Macbeth.

January 20, 2016

This is one of my absolute favorite play by Shakespeare. Macbeth is a timeless tale of political intrigue interspersed with witches and battle scenes to entertain all of us who like our stories with a dash of adventure. IT IS A MUST READ.

January 01, 2016

Macbeth, of course, is already a classic. The reasons for it having classic appeal maybe aren't as self-evident. Its portrayal of feminine power is fascinating as it is arguably misogynistic. The witches, perhaps analogous to the three fates, set everything in motion, Lady Macbeth compels her husband to become a murderer. The hero, Macduff, is able to become a hero because he is not 'of woman born'. If Shakespeare views female power as malevolent though, he also views it as seductive. Its this dark energy that gives the book momentum and makes it linger long in memory.

December 16, 2015

Who doesn't love Macbeth? Shakespeare's only tragedy with one plot line - super easy to follow and lots of intrigue. Still interesting for discussion today - how responsible is Lady MacBeth?

December 16, 2015

This is a pretty interesting read; one of Shakepeare's best.
The plot is intriguing, with lots of twists and turns. Very violent though.
Lots of room for great theatrical interpretation.

How Sarah Got her Wings

Christmas Ranch

Angel of Christmas

AdventureArtie added a new review for
Dyson Hair Dryer

AdventureArtie earned the Beauty Guru badge

ElaineDraws has posted in the forum topic
ChiackAdvisor app?????

Sandramiron added a new review for
Vichy Ideal Body Milk