Make Up For Ever Artist Plexi Gloss Reviews

Ranked #97 out of 655 in Lip Gloss

October 17, 2016

I got a deluxe sample of this in my 500 point perk from Sephora. I have this in the shade 209, which is a very vibrant pink.

The pigmentation on the gloss is outstanding. I've never seen a gloss as colourful as this. It has the same effect of a lipstick, with true colour payoff, but it has the same look and feel of a gloss.

The wand is a bit on the weird side. It's very wide and flat, which makes it easy to deposit the colour over a wide space -- such as the centre of your lips -- but not so easy to get into the corners and cupid's bow for precision.

The formula itself is VERY sticky. This surpasses any other gloss I've tried in terms of stickiness. This does make the colour last longer throughout the day, however, if you have long hair it will easily get stuck on your lips. Additionally, even after wiping it off, and no colour remained, my mouth still felt tacky to the point that I had to rinse my lips twice with water.

While I definitely enjoy the colour and longer lasting effect of this gloss, the stickiness is a real turnoff. I probably wouldn't buy the full size for myself, but I'd recommend this for anyone looking for lots of colour, as long as you don't mind the tacky feeling.

March 01, 2016

I like everything about these except for the applicator. I find it to be a bit awkward to use. The sponge tip is oddly shaped and too bendy if that makes sense. The formula itself is great though. Amazing shine without being overly sticky and just the right amount of colour. The formula is long lasting and the shade range is great.

January 06, 2016

Makeup For Ever’s new Artist Plexi Gloss drew me in with its large range of colours and its strong colour pay off. The colour range is phenomenal as the line carries anything from soft neutrals to extreme bold colours.

I000026304

These opaque glosses can be worn on their own or paired with your choice of a lip liner to add more definition. Did I mention that they are packed with pigments and won’t easily come off? It’s crazy, but true. This gloss contains a unique colour technology, which is the key reason why it has the ability to last up to five hours of wear.

Aside from the formula, the product is easy to apply. The applicator distributes the right amount of product and hugs your lips for a more defined application. Here I’m wearing the Red Coral shade in 304, which gave my lips a beautiful reflective shine

October 17, 2015

This is a beautiful pale pink neutral. Shade 202.
The formula is smooth, a little bit tacky but not too bad. It holds a beautiful shine like it describes. There is finely milled sparkle flecks that add to the shine factor. Not metallic at all, making this perfect for those of us that are over 35!

The applicator is a cross between a sponge and a doe foot. It holds onto product well for ease of application.

July 15, 2015

Hell, yeah. There are 35 shades and I now have 5 of them with more to come. Although the spectrum is mostly pink, there are some eye-catching purples, reds and blacks that I have to control myself on. I have never felt so confident about wearing such a brightly coloured lip gloss in my makeup-wearing life! As nice as it is to have a non-sticky, smooth formulation, a lip gloss that lasts really does need to be sticky. It wasn’t uncomfortable in any way and I still felt like my lips were my own and not some weird alien creature sitting on my face as can be the case with most long-wearing formulations. The shine stayed fresh for hours and I only had to worry about touching up whenever I ate a meal. The Artist Plex-Glosses are a total win for me and I hope they will be for you too!