Amazing

MAKE UP FOR EVER Excessive Lash Reviews

Ranked #259 out of 773 in Mascara

October 22, 2016

I received a sample of this with my 500 point perk from Sephora.

I'm a big fan of one of MUFE's other mascaras, the Smoky Extravagant mascara, so I had high hopes for this one. It's nowhere near as good as that one, but it's still nice. The wand is decently sized and fairly slim and tapered, with the middle part being just slightly thicker in width. When you pull it out of the tube, the tip does tend to be VERY goopy, so I find that I always have to wipe off a lot of excess product, probably more so than any other mascara I've used in the past several years. It seems like a bit of a waste of product when you have to wipe that much off.

The formula goes onto the lashes quite nicely. I'm already somewhat gifted in the lash department, but with a name like "Excessive Lash", I kind of went in expecting my lashes to get a lot bigger and bolder, like falsies. This wasn't the case. It does add some length and a decent amount of separation, but it's actually more of what I would consider to be a very natural-looking, everyday mascara. It doesn't clump or flake at all, which is great, but I definitely expected more. The Smoky Extravagant does a lot more than this one does.

This is a very good quality formula, to be sure, and I would recommend it for that reason, but for those looking for a huge difference in the appearance in their lashes, you may end up being disappointed.

August 02, 2016

I can see how this might work for some people, but for my eyelashes it wasn't a hit. I have very long eyelashes, but the tips are blonde so they look shorter, when applying mascara they always look longer.

However I found this mascara to be way to prone to clumps and looking spidery, no matter how many (or little) coats I applied and how much I combed it through.

It might be more successful on false lashes or those needing volume, but I hate clumps! You can see in my picture I have one eye done and one without mascara for comparison.