Make Up For Ever Mist & Fix
Good

Make Up For Ever Mist & Fix Reviews

Ranked #353 out of 415 in Makeup

March 12, 2017

I've been using the Urban Decay for more than 5 years and when they decided to change the formula that makes it smell toxic, I had to switch products since it was making me gag. When it comes to effectiveness, they're relatively comparable. I do think the UD formula is a little better though when the weather gets really cold and moisty / wet - MUFE doesn't stop make up from transferring onto clothes, mitts, etc. The other thing I don't like about the MUFE one in comparison is the application. It is a HEAVY spray as opposed to a light mist. I have to hold it reaaaallly far away, otherwise it leaves splatters on my face. But I've actually transferred the product to another bottle with a better spray nozzle, so its not a big deal. Other than that, I'm now completely converted to MUFE's mist & spray because I can't stand the smell of the new UD formula

April 03, 2015

Great multiuse product, reminds me a lot of MAC Fix Plus! ON my third bottle of this stuff!

October 31, 2014

This Mist & Fix setting spray really locks in makeup and keeps colour fresh. The mist and fix does not lock in makeup for 12 hours, as I feel that I start to get oily throughout the day. I find that it does help to keep the moisturizer locked in. I may need to spray up to two times.

The only problems I have are how heavy it sprays. I made the mistake of first spraying it close to my face, which left my face soaking with mist. I have wasted much of this product by doing this, so therefore, I spray at least 7-8 inches away from my face, in a very quick up/down motion. Once you learn the proper technique in spraying the Mist & Fix, it should last to about 5-8 months, with daily use.

I personally feel that the setting spray is a little expensive. Essentially, paying $32.00 for the large size. The small size for 1.01 oz is fro $12.00, vs. the larger 4.22 oz for $30.00. It is much more cost effective to purchase the large size and fill it in an empty spritz bottle for travel and convenience purposes.

January 28, 2010

Now, this is what I’m talking about when I want effectiveness! It is common that the makeup companies’ claim on the packages (or publicity) wonderful things about their products, obviously, right? Otherwise, why would you buy them? But they tend to exaggerate, and once you use the product, you often find that the claims that the product makes are hardly ever met. But Mist&Fix;from Make Up For Ever does work. Its purpose is simple: make your makeup last longer. And it really does, for instance, I use it over the NARS sheer glow foundation, because its staying power is not that good. But obviously, you can use it over any foundation. The bottle suggests two ways of using it, either spraying it over your foundation before the powder or after completed makeup application. I tried both, and the first one works much better. Also, it helps to reduce the shining on my T-zone, so I don’t even need to retouch with powder. The cost might be on the pricey side but the 125ml last forever, you only need a couple of sprays. Now, I must say that this is my opinion for now, I’m sure that I will see its true potential on summer. But if it works as well, it will be a staple/HG product!!! ☺

missye added a new review for
    Batiste Dry Shampoo Lotus