Max's Rocket Run

Max's Rocket Run Reviews

1 review
Ranked #935 out of 1001 in Books

January 07, 2008

Fans of the preschool TV series Max & Ruby will love this paperback version of the hilarious episode where Max goes tobogganing on the big bunnies' hill with sister Ruby. Large pictures in the same style as the TV show with simple text that your young reader will be able to follow easily.

My daughter is very familiar with the series, but my sons have never watched it (we relocated and the show is not available in our area). I was curious if the story would have the same appeal to fresh eyes. Luckily, the rascally Max seems to have universal charm and my sons really enjoy reading the book as much as my daughter. I still miss the nuances that the TV show lends the story, but I can tell this book will definitely be a favorite for now.

It can be hard to find this particular book in the States, but it is available in Canada with more titles coming soon (classic Rosemary Wells books on which the series was based are available everywhere). It would be great in a box set (hey Powers-That-Be: you listening?) to go beside our growing collection of Dr. Seuss. Love it!