May Lindstrom - The Blue Cocoon

May Lindstrom - The Blue Cocoon Reviews

1 review
Ranked #38 out of 263 in Serums

June 21, 2016

The Blue Cocoon is “a beauty balm concentrate that melts on touch providing nourishment and relief to delicate, inflamed and irritable skin.” I do believe it is my favourite skin product of all time.

My favourite way to use The Blue Cocoon is to spritz with The Jasmine Garden and slather on to seal in moisture as a finishing step. Sometimes I warm a touch in my palms to inhale and press into my face, purely as a mental health ritual. I like to leave the full-sized jar in a safe, cool place and I decant it into little sample sized jars for daily use so the product doesn’t become contaminated. On the skin, The Blue Cocoon is a light textured oil that absorbs well. My skin feels like velvet the morning after a nighttime slather of The Blue Cocoon… never greasy… just soft and hydrated.

The Blue Cocoon has become like Frank’s Red Hot Sauce to me: I put that #$#% on everything! The smell transports me. I’ve been using it as a bedtime balm for myself and wakeful children. I’ve been putting it on my son’s rosacea, with great results. Using The Blue Cocoon liberally required a mindset change for me… like pulling out your beautiful ‘good dishes’ and using them on a daily basis. It’s indulgent, but a game changer. I didn’t want to love this product, primarily because it’s super $$spendy$$! I ordered samples on three separate occasions to be certain I was ready to make the investment… and I have decided that I am worth it.

I have recently begun a wonderful new job … but my previous workplace was toxic. I kept a tiny sample of the Blue Cocoon in my desk drawer and used it liberally when stress/office drama threatened to unglue me. It costs an arm and a leg… but The Blue Cocoon is more than skincare… it’s self-care. After melting The Blue Cocoon in the warmth of my hands, I hold them under my nose for a few moments and just breathe… and everything is right with the world