Maybeline master contour V duo stick

Maybeline master contour V duo stick Reviews

Ranked #49 out of 90 in Highlighter

January 26, 2017

I received the Maybelline Facestudio Master Contour V-Shape Duo Stick complimentary for review (shade 010 Light). This is a jumbo stick with both the contouring and highlighting shades together. I've used it for about a week now. The packaging is cute but I'm wondering how useful it will be if I don't use both shades evenly since they are both together... The consistency is amazing! The contouring shade is perfect for my pale skin. I haven't had the best luck with cream products although I'm sure that's due to user error! I was pleasantly surprised at how easy this is to blend. The highlight shade blends in completely to my skin tone so it's a little too dark for me (pale skin problems!). I tried using the stick both under and over my foundation. I found that blending them under powder foundation works well and blending them over liquid foundation works equally well. For blending, I tried using my fingers, a beauty sponge and a brush. My favourite method was with a brush. I think that, for a drugstore product, it works really well and it's worth giving it a try!

August 31, 2016

Positives: This product blended nicely and I didn't find the contour shade too muddy looking.

Negatives:
    - I really dislike having the contour and highlight right beside each other. Even if you are careful using it, eventually they are going to start mixing together. Even after one use I noticed some feathering between the shades. Having one on each end of the product would work better, like the Nyx Wonderstick
    - The highlight shade didn't show up very much on me (I am very pale) and I prefer something with a little bit of sheen.

August 31, 2016

When trying to shop on a beauty budget i decided to pick this up and i loved it! So easy to use and blend in with a blender, i have oily skin and it held up to this humid weather.

August 12, 2016

I purchased this Duo contour stick, I was expecting a lot more ease of use. The cream formula glides on ut is very hard to blend in and make look natural. Half the stick is a dark contour, and half is a highlighter. I did not like the colour I got the light, and the dark stick, both of them seem like the colour of mud, not bronze. I would not recommend this to anyone, and the $13.99 price is pretty crappy too.