Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner in Black Reviews

Ranked #2 out of 513 in Eye Liner

This oil-free formula can hold highly concentrated pigments in a clear gel base, so color is more intense and lines resist wear for 24 hours. It's smudge-proof and water-proof. It will give you the most intense line for lasting drama!

ADD REVIEW
ADD IMAGE
ADD TO COLLECTION

desireesaft
Jan 23, 2015

pricey but works great lasts long too!!!!! you get what you pay for right :)

Naffy23
Jan 18, 2015

I love the gel liner it is smooth easy to remove and long lasting. one thing i must say is that the brush is not the best brush around.. I really dislike the brush but aside from that the gel works perfectly.

vickychen
Jan 18, 2015

I found this to be a good eyeliner, however, it's not 100% smudge proof as people with oily eyelids will have this smudge off pretty quick. I use this for a winged-line look and it's not bad. I only wished this stayed on longer than 30 mins.

Lizette
Jan 06, 2015

A friend recommended this gel liner, which I bought about 1 month ago. Things that I appreciate is it's "easier to apply" "no sharpening" and "doesn't smudge" ,,, just to name a few. I will definitely continue to use this product and recommend it to my other friends.

jackie_leee
Jan 05, 2015

Eyeliners are different for everybody. I prefer liquid over gel because you get more control. This liner looked good over my eye shadow. I also like being able to make a winged look with liquid liners. You can make the same look but you need an angled brush or something better. I found that this eyeliner smudge a bit. I think it just okay..

Staceymc
Jan 02, 2015

Have been using this for years. I've tried $30-$40 eyeliners and this one still blows them out of the water. I'll continue using this until they stop making it. Love love love!

bioscisweetie
Nov 24, 2014

Maybelline's gel eyeliners are great! There's no sharpening required, grittiness, and tugging on my eyelids like pencil eyeliner. The black color is intensely rich and the products are ultra smooth, which allows me to effortlessly glide the eyeliners on. My pet peeve is that my greasy eyelids and in hot areas my eyes turn into raccoon eyes.

tanyarphillips
Nov 24, 2014

I bought this because I didn't want to pay the MAC prices and honestly I can't see much of a difference. Toss the brush that comes with the kit and buy one for the liner (Quo) is fine. When I tried it with the enclosed brush I didn't like it at all, but product wouldn't spread but once I changed to another brush it was fine.

Poohlena
Nov 09, 2014

This is the first gel eyeliner I have ever purchased and I really like it. It is easy to apply and great for the wings look. It does last for several hours, but not always all day for me, so I touch it up if needed. It does have better staying power and is less likely to smudge if I use a concealer underneath it. I really like that one jar will last quite a while, but this product does start to dry out over time. The brush will also dry and clump if not cleaned regularly. I will definitely continue to use this product and recommend it to friends.

Raybp
Oct 30, 2014

I love the effect this gel liner has on the eyes. It is easier to apply than liquid liner and more striking than pencil liner. It also doesn't smudge. The only problem was that I was using it simultaneously while using pencil liner (for the day time) so I did not use the Gel Liner fast enough and I felt after a while it started to dry out.
One tip I would give is invest in a good brush for application and clean it after every use as the gel hardens on the brush.