Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner in Black

Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner in Black Reviews

Ranked #2 out of 482 in Eye Liner

Why You'll Love ItOnly our oil-free formula can hold highly concentrated pigments in a clear gel base.So color is more intense and lines resist wear for 24 hours.Smudge-proof and Water-proof.The most intense line for lasting drama.

ADD REVIEW
ADD IMAGE
ADD TO COLLECTION

xoallie
Jun 12, 2014

This is affordable, easy to find, and it works so well! I don't see why you'd ever need any other gel liner. This performs like a high-end product, at a drugstore price. I've had no issues with it drying out either! It's really black and definitely won't fade away.

rebeccarafusee
May 28, 2014

If you're looking for a gel liner, this is where it's at!
I've been using it for about two years now, a jar lasts me around half the year.
The price is amazing, I wear it almost everyday, it lasts amazing, and 8 hours from you put it on, it still looks fresh!
The brush is perfect, but it's quite hard to clean.
Just remember to keep the cap on it so it doesn't dry out, I've done that a few times, but this is the best eyeliner on the market that I've ever used, I'm always impressed with it!.

petitelady
May 27, 2014

Definitely one of the best eyeliners in the eyeliner market! It beats many branded eyeliners and I like how smooth it applies with an eyeliner brush on the eyelids. This product is worth every single penny. For someone who uses eyeliner daily before heading out, this definitely became a staple in my makeup routine. I even recommended my close ones to use this over many eyeliners! Go get one now!

justinalam
May 27, 2014

I would recommend this for those who aren't looking to splurge on eye liner (say the Bobby Brown Gel Liners) and are looking for some budget makeup (i.e. if you're just looking for some color and don't care too much for quality, this is for you). What I don't like about this is that it tends to try out very easily despite me screwing the cap on very tightly. It can still apply fine on your eyes but it applies almost stickily and not very smoothly. It still gets the job done but you can tell its lacking a bit in quality. But hey given the price you're paying, it's not bad.

Chatou54
May 19, 2014

love it,it stays put and doesn't smudge too badly. I used a better brush than the one it comes with. That brush is too big & i mess up with this one but ok with another brush

May 19, 2014

I like the way this goes on. I find that it doesn't run like some other eye liners. It lasts all day and night. Would recommend it to anyone.

yarie
Apr 05, 2014

The blackest gel eyeliner there is! When side-by-side with my MAC fluidline in blacktrack, it's clear as day that the fluidline looks gray compared to the maybelline. Excellent staying power, superb pigmentation and really easy to work with. Will continue buying it for the rest of my days.

ems73
Apr 04, 2014

At first I was a little intimidated by the idea of a gel eyeliner versus the kohl pencil I've been using since the dawn of time, well let me tell you, this is the only eyeliner I will ever buy from now on!!!!! I use the waterproof variety, it is easy to apply and fairly forgiving.It definitely holds up, I even wear it at times when i am swimming in the lake and guess what not even a smudge. Try it you will not be disappointed.

canadianaerialista
Apr 01, 2014

Hands down, Best Eyeliner I've Ever Tried. Unless you are going to get permanent makeup tattooed on your eyes, I would not recommend anything else.

I have sensitive eyes and this does not bother me. I have oily eyelids and this does not run nearly as much as anything else I've tried (I do use the waterproof version however). I apply it expertly in the morning (doing my cat eyes with the brush), then basically forget about it for the rest of the day. I have even gotten 2 days of wear with this product before, with just a touch-up in the morning (although I can't condone this behavior - it's bad for your eyes and make-up will get all over your pillowcase!). This is a great, long-lasting eyeliner.

Beware: this product is for those who are comfortable applying eyeliner with a brush. If you have shaky hands and prefer a simple pencil line, this probably isn't for you. But if you are a precise perfectionist like me with a steady hand, seeking a pointed line you can really define, then go for this product. It will really last, sot the price is amazing for what it is (I had my last pot for literally over a year - there was still some left before I finally replaced it for sanitary reasons).

Just be careful to work quickly with this and wipe all smudges as soon as they appear, as the product is not easy to remove once it's set. Admittedly it's not the easiest to remove - I usually dab my eyes with olive oil on a cotton pad, let it sit a few minutes, then carefully wipe it off - but this is a worthwhile compromise for a great long-lasting eyeliner.

MsBeautifulSam
Mar 02, 2014

I am totally impressed with this product. I purchased this a couple months ago and I am still using it till this day. I find that this does exactly what it claims to do. It is long lasting and I had no issues smudging. I found that this product was easy to work with also and glides on smoothly. It lasts me at least 7 to 9 hours before I notice any smudging which is great and I like to mention I have sensitive eyes and it did not irritate my eyes at all.

I would recommend this product to anyone who is looking for a really good quality gel eyeliner and wants something quite affordable. I swear by this product!

You can find this at your local drugstore, walmart and target for around 8 to 10 dollars!

P.S. It takes practise to get a good application, especially if you don't have much experience applying gel/cream eyeliner products!