Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner in Black Reviews

Ranked #2 out of 543 in Eye Liner

This oil-free formula can hold highly concentrated pigments in a clear gel base, so color is more intense and lines resist wear for 24 hours. It's smudge-proof and water-proof. It will give you the most intense line for lasting drama!

ADD REVIEW
ADD IMAGE
ADD TO COLLECTION

bioscisweetie
Nov 24, 2014

Maybelline's gel eyeliners are great! There's no sharpening required, grittiness, and tugging on my eyelids like pencil eyeliner. The black color is intensely rich and the products are ultra smooth, which allows me to effortlessly glide the eyeliners on. My pet peeve is that my greasy eyelids and in hot areas my eyes turn into raccoon eyes.

tanyarphillips
Nov 24, 2014

I bought this because I didn't want to pay the MAC prices and honestly I can't see much of a difference. Toss the brush that comes with the kit and buy one for the liner (Quo) is fine. When I tried it with the enclosed brush I didn't like it at all, but product wouldn't spread but once I changed to another brush it was fine.

Poohlena
Nov 09, 2014

This is the first gel eyeliner I have ever purchased and I really like it. It is easy to apply and great for the wings look. It does last for several hours, but not always all day for me, so I touch it up if needed. It does have better staying power and is less likely to smudge if I use a concealer underneath it. I really like that one jar will last quite a while, but this product does start to dry out over time. The brush will also dry and clump if not cleaned regularly. I will definitely continue to use this product and recommend it to friends.

Raybp
Oct 30, 2014

I love the effect this gel liner has on the eyes. It is easier to apply than liquid liner and more striking than pencil liner. It also doesn't smudge. The only problem was that I was using it simultaneously while using pencil liner (for the day time) so I did not use the Gel Liner fast enough and I felt after a while it started to dry out.
One tip I would give is invest in a good brush for application and clean it after every use as the gel hardens on the brush.

TomboyInHeels
Oct 29, 2014

love this eyeliner! a lot of more expensive brands have a similar product but this is much cheaper! It lasts all day long (over 12 hours) and once its on, it stays put! Love that the colour is very rich too!

Regy
Oct 26, 2014

This was the first gel eyeliner i have ever purchased! I love it so much that i use it everyday. Its very black, creamy and go on so smooth, Its a little bit pricey for drugstore you can get for about 10$ but it worth every penny;)

11kalf
Oct 23, 2014

I absolutely love this eyeliner. It lasts forever. As in, I can wear it all day, go to sleep and wake up in the morning and it's only a little smudged. I also like how it stays dark, as some blacks are more grey than black. It's also easy to make wings with the brush included.

Oct 23, 2014

Awesome, was unsure how well it would work when I first tried it, but I was amazed on how great it works and stays and how easy it is to use!

beautyintelblog
Oct 22, 2014

No the best for hooded eyes - I found that this eyeliner smudged with time. There's better eyeliners out there!

leb494
Oct 22, 2014

I love this eyeliner and I personally use it everday myself! It glides on so smoothly and it is very pigmented. I always tell my friends and family about this because I love it so much.