• Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Liner
Good

Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Liner Reviews

Ranked #342 out of 776 in Eye Liner

August 05, 2015

I love this gel eyeliner! This one and the L'oreal one (http://www.chickadvisor.com/item/loreal-infallible-gel-lacquer-liner/?rid=220997#R220997) are both absolutely amazing! This eyeliner is super rich and creamy and SO black! Goes on smoothly and lasts all day.

May 25, 2015

I bought this on a whim. I needed a new gel liner, my tarte one had dried up and I figured, since it was an eye product, with a much shorter window of shelf life, I might as well save some money and go with a drug store product.
I have tried it a few times, both with the brush it came with as well as other liner brushes, and I have to say I probably wouldn't purchase this again. It's just not pigmented enough, so while the gel applies evenly and smoothly, it looks like you've barely put anything on. And you can't build it up, because the gel doesn't dry very well, so adding another layer just smudges what was already laid down, so your eye look ends up looking messy, and not in a good smokey eye way, just a hot mess kind of way.
I wish I would've liked it better because the price is fair, and I often see it on sale, but for the purpose of a winged tip or a sculpted eyeliner, this just doesn't have the dark drama I look for with black eye liner.