Maybelline New York Define-a-Line Eyeliner in Ebony Black Reviews

Ranked #736 out of 776 in Eye Liner

Glides on smoothly and precisely in just one stroke. Contoured smudger makes blending easy.

February 11, 2016

this eyeliner is so good. is super black. . does not irritate the eyes or smudge. stays where it's supposed to be and lasts all day. love it and will continue to buy!

January 12, 2016

I love the black shade, its intense, it applies very well and doesn't seem to smudge ,I like that Maybelline products are fairly cheap so people can purchase on regular basis

1.5/5

June 21, 2012

Dear god. Worst eye liner i have ever bought. And i buy quite a few for dance. It's way too soft of a consistency for eye liner. Ever without smudging, it still looks awful. After a maximum of an hour it's smudged halfway down your eye. Doesn't stay put whatsoever and it creates dark rings of black.

May 20, 2009

it's a love hate thing i have. i wouldn't buy it again, but it was definitely a smooth application. but i found that it smudged too easily. it's great for the smokey eye look b/c it's really easy to blend, but i wouldn't buy it just for that one look.

December 21, 2008

I bought this eyeliner a couple months ago and am still using it. I kind of regret buying it though.

I find that the best things about it would have to be the smudger and sharpener on the other end and the fact that it glides on quite smoothly. But it isn't worth it! This eyeliner smudges wayyyy too much. I end up looking like a panda by the end of the day. I find myself wiping away the smudges under my lower lash line causing pre-mature wrinkling. If you want the smokey look, I guess this eyeliner would be for you. But if you want definition and a clean look, I would suggest going for a waterproof liner. And one more thing, this liner does NOT last long so I have to constantly reapply throughout my day!

October 29, 2008

I like this eyeliner because it's very easy to use. Most 'crayon' type of eyeliners are too big and I always have trouble putting them on. Since this is so skinny, it goes on exactly where you want it without the mess of a liquid. The product glide on your eye easily too. I really like how the opposite end of the stick is a smudger and a sharpener. Everything you need is all in one package!

October 25, 2008

I don't use a lot of eyeliner, usually just on the bottom of my lashes, but when I tried this product out that was given to me in the shopcrawl gift bag I fell in love with it! I wear it every day! It doesn't fade throughout the day, and always looks just right. I've already recommended it to my friends!

October 24, 2008

This was one of the many fantastic freebies from the latest Shop Crawl! It is a shade is perfect... I wear black eyeliner all the time! I have now retired my old pencil liner for this one. It is great! Not too waxy, no smudging, goes on easy, lasts all day and has everything you need right on it! The sharpener is a great idea. Who would have a sharpener that small!!?? And the "smudger" is great too! No more rubbing with my finger to soften the line! Overall a great product.

Just one hint, and this is NOT a negative about the product, just a suggestion... make sure you wipe off the smudger between uses or you might end up smudging a thick dark line onto your lid!

October 22, 2008

I don't wear alot of eyeliner but when I do I will be using define-a-line most definately. It has a nice point so I can get that thin line I like and it lasts. It also doesnt smudge which happens with most liners out there. Great product!

October 21, 2008

I am a traditional pencil eye liner fan. This was the first time I tried anything different. It is a nice shade and doesn't smudge, I like the deesign and it stayed on all day. I'm a fan!

jujusamples has posted in the forum topic
Beauty Products

Ssamson22 added a new review for
Milkbone Brushing Chews

KieliAnne has posted in the forum topic
Advent calender

jujusamples has started a new forum topic
Beauty Products

KieliAnne has posted in the forum topic
SINGLE AT CHRISTMAS

KieliAnne added a new review for
Lysol Disinfecting Wipes