Maybelline Vivid Matte Liquid Reviews

Ranked #461 out of 1014 in Lipstick

October 03, 2016

The color is beautiful, but it doesn't dry at all and it's streaky. When you put more on to cover up the streakiness it only gets sticky and the fragrance is really strong.

July 19, 2016

I bought this product when it was on sale so I'm not as dissapointed as I would have been if I paid full price. I have this in the colour Possesed Plum, it goes on unevenly and the product can't be layered without making a patchy mess. I find the formula to be fairly good when it comes to not drying out my lips and the applicator is nice my main problem is the colour pigment and formula.

July 06, 2016

I was looking for a inexpensive matte lipstick and decided to get the Vivid Matte Liquid in Nude Flush. The colour is nice and applies smoothly. But unfortunately the lipstick is not as matte as the name implies as I can see a very subtle shine after application. I also did not like the strong scent and the fact that the applicator give you way more product than you need on your lips. All in all, for the price you pay, I think it's a good alternative to the high-end liquid matte lipsticks.

May 26, 2016

This product in Berry Boost was incredibly disappointing to me. While the colour is vivid, this is due more to the shade than the product itself as it did not apply evenly, faded quickly and patchily. It is definitely not matte, as it never completely dries and thus stays slightly shiny throughout the day. Also, like many other liquid lipsticks, it is incredibly drying, causing my lips to flake and contributing to the patchy look throughout the day. For a similar colour, I would recommend essence's long- lasting lipstick in Blush My Lips which is much longer lasting and applies more evenly.

March 03, 2016

A new liquid lipstick by Maybelline that is incredible. The formula is so creamy and non-drying, it's the perfect liquid lip for the dry winter months. The formula beats a lot of other liquid lip brands like KVD, colourpop and limecrime and is comparable to ABH because of it's creaminess. Doesn't settle into your lips lines and doesn't make your lips feel dry at all. Goes on creamy and stays that way for the entire day. The colours Nude Flush (10) and Nude Thrill (5) are beautiful nude colours as well.