McCain Super Spirals Reviews

Ranked #2 out of 45 in Frozen Potatoes & French Fries

Get silly with Super Spirals! Let these be the one time everyone is allowed to play with their food. Made from real potatoes and simple ingredients, it’s the perfect crispy side or snack that’s never boring.

October 26, 2016

I remember these from when I was 14 years old, when they first came out. Curly fries please Mom !! They have a very distinct spicy crunch and the potatoes are cut in spirals. They are coated in a really light batter. To be honest, there doesn't seem to be much potato at all inside, but they aren't much for a healthy snack. They can be cooked in the oven or toaster oven on a baking sheet, or in a your deep fryer. Either way they both taste great.

However, I recently learned why I had a small allergic reaction after I ate them, the batter contains "cotton see oil"" which I am allergic too. So, unfortunately, I can't eat these anymore. I hadn't eaten them in years, and bought some a couple weeks ago. I know better than to not read ingredients first, I just was having a moment and wanted to go back in time . LOL

They are a good price usually, and McCain seems to be quite similar in price at either Walmart, Shoppers Drug Mart, Save On Foods, Lob Laws etc.

July 02, 2016

Here I am in mcCains again to review. i buy a lot of their products. this one is popular not just for the kids but I love them as much as they do so we're all happy.

June 25, 2016

The curly fries adds a really good spice to a meal. They are really tasty when cooked in the oven. I also make poutine with them, it gives a spicy taste to it.

May 04, 2016

I usually like these fries but for the last few times I bought these, I've gotten ALOT of rotten fries. Makes me sad because I usually love the amount of seasoning on these fries. If they check out quality of fries better, then I might go back to buying these.

April 30, 2016

Les supers spirales McCain congelées sont délicieuses lorsque cuites au four. Elles sont croustillantes et savoureuses. Nous aimons beaucoup les épices ajoutées.

April 08, 2016

I love curly fries, and these are a really fun at-home product! We always seem to eat them with chicken wings or ribs - finger foods so there's no guilt in using your hands. I have overcooked these before, so be careful and watch them in the last few minutes.

April 03, 2016

Not the best fries, as they tend to be unevenly cooked and leave quite a bit of greasy residue on your plate and fingers while eating! Taste is very good regarding the ones that have cooked well to a crisp, but in my experience, these end up either burnt or soggy. Would be great deep-fried!

March 27, 2016

These are delicious but I prefer to cook them for much longer than the projected time on the package. I like to have mine very crisp, otherwise I feel they are soggy and damp. Dipping these in Caesar dressing is the best thing, in the universe.

March 18, 2016

We like to purchase these to "spice it up" a bit. The kids enjoy the spiral shapes and they do have a great blend of flavor. Price wise they are on par with other products so it is a good value for your money. And great quality as all McCain products. Will definitely purchase again.

March 16, 2016

Our family ate a bag of these the other night. They are a favourite the perfect seasoning blend, fun spirals that are just so fun to eat, even in my 30's I just love them. I love that they are a little more spice. Not bland at all. Perfect. I don't even need ketchup. They are PERFECT as is. And good price for how many. One bag for our whole family.