Medela Breast Pump Swing Reviews

Ranked #3 out of 169 in Breast Pumps

October 26, 2016

LOVE LOVE LOVE this pump. Its small compact and runs on batteries or plug in, comes with a convenient strap for on the go pumping. The only drawback is it is a bit noisier than I anticipated.

September 15, 2016

It starts out with very weak suction, but has the option to increase suction with + and - buttons. The let-down button instantly changes the pattern of suction. I find it very effective. The valve sometimes sticks if you don't check it before use, which can cause the milk to back-up into the tubing.

June 29, 2016

I've been using the Swing for the past three months and as a new mom never breast feeding before I can say that this pump has certainly met my needs. It is easy to use, clean and sterilize. When I was in the first month fog and I left the accessories in a pot and it boiled dry (attempting to sterilize) I was able to easily find replacement parts online and at a reasonable price. I also made sure I purchased the microwave sterilizing bags to avoid another incident. While I do find it does go through batteries fairly frequently, it does come with an adapter (I just don't like feeling tethered to the electrical socket). I'd recommend this pump to any moms who aren't looking to exclusively pump, and would be breast feeding or supplementing with formula. If you were exclusively pumping, a double pump might be your best bet.

May 25, 2016

Worth the money! Having a good electric pump is so important especially during the time when you are getting your milk in and sleep deprived. Who wants to manually pump when there is so much to do, especially with other kids in the house. This pump is effective and efficient. I used the medela bottles as well but not required as each part comes seoerates and is quite expensive to get it all.

March 16, 2016

Very happy I upgraded to this pump over a hand one. I like how well this one works, along with all the peices it came with. This pump can be electric or use batteries in order for it to be portable. It has good suction and is adjustable in speed and suction for whatever suits you best. It comes with bottles and lids for storage and freezing. My only issue is that if the pump top is still attached and the bottle gets tuned to the side it will spill. I have spilt half a bottle because the top, even though screwed on properly, got knocked off when the bottle got knocked over. Overall, I believe it to be a very good option though. It also comes with a hand pump incase you dont want to bring the whole pump with you somewhere.

March 09, 2016

Amazing pump! Loved everything about this pump! But not so much the price tag although think personally this is the best pump on the market! ! I'd definitely recommend to others who want to pump

January 22, 2016

This was the only pump that I responded to. I exclusivley pumped for my son for 16 months and I couldn't have done it without this pump. 5 Stars!

November 17, 2015

It's too bad these are so expensive. It was truly a lifesaver for me as my son would not latch properly. It made providing breast milk rather than formula so much easier. Apart from the price I highly recommend it!

May 29, 2015

I sometimes wish I had bought the double pump instead to make the process faster. I used it religiously when I had my son. It stood up and did its job, easy to use, cleans easily. I haven't had any problems but it's great to know that pieces are relatively easy to find for this pump

April 09, 2015

It worked great until it broke down on me in less than a year.