Medela Contact Nipple Shield
Good

Medela Contact Nipple Shield Reviews

Ranked #7 out of 209 in Nursing Pads

February 18, 2016

I had never heard about Nipple Shield before I had a child. When I was pregnant I decided pretty much immediately that I was going to breastfeed my child. Unfortunately for my baby was born with jaundice, had a tong tie and had difficulty latching. These, nipple shield were a life saver. They allowed me to breastfeed my baby.

They were easy to apply and clean. I would definitely recommend them if you are having a hard time latching your baby.

June 13, 2014

This is an amazingly helpful product that you may only need to use a few times so don't buy more than one. If your baby is having trouble latching on using this nipple shield will help both your baby and save your nipple. Its thin and lightweight and adheres to your nipple very easily. A great product to use when you encounter breastfeeding difficulties at the beginning.

July 31, 2013

This is the best invention ever. Despite successfully breastfeeding my son for almost a year, I've had a hard time with my little girl because (and forgive the TMI), she's been chomping on my nipples like a chew toy. In a matter of 3 days I got to the point where both were cracked and bleeding. These shields have been a huge lifesaver. They help ensure baby gets the correct latch without causing any further damage. In fact, using these gave me enough time to heal so I can now nurse without them.

The instructions advise you to use them for the first 15 minutes, then take them off once baby has the proper latch. This works well, but I found that using them during the whole feeding worked really well while I needed time to heal. I also used coconut or olive oil to act as a salve in between feedings. It only took a few days of doing this to get rid of the cracking and bleeding. And it was significantly less painful to feed her.

One thing you have to watch for is buying the right size. It needs to fit the diameter of your nipple so you might want to measure that before heading to the store, or look at the size of breastpump you use and base it on that.

Huge lifesavers. Worth every penny.