Good

Mirena IUD Reviews

Ranked #448 out of 541 in Misc

1.5/5

August 24, 2016

While this worked for prevention of pregnancy, it was a very expensive way to ruin a year of my life, hormone fluctuations, crippling migraines, all to have such pain that I passed out to wake up in a puddle of my own blood from the IUD perforating my uterus. Please do your research and know what your dealing with before resorting to this!.

August 11, 2016

Having the mirena put in was probablythe worst pain i have ever felt in my whole life. I have never been pregnant so i hear that makes it worse. Heard it wasnt that bad but it was a 10 out of 10 and im still having cramps. Using it for breakthrough bleeding which seems to have slowed.

November 03, 2015

Just like everything there is positives and negatives. I used to take the Pill, I always forgot to take it, always having the get refills on it, etc... It was a pain in the butt. I had my Mirena put in and it came out on its own after it pushed itself out after it was in for half a year, it was really crappy. My body just didnt want it. Anyway I got it replaced and my doctor said it still has a 90% chance of working and so I will give it another shot. It was fully covered by my health care. The doctor I see is amazing. I reccomend when you get it put in since I have been threw it 2 times that you take a advil even without pain was minimul, do not put the pill inside before hand to open up your cervix, just go during your period while its naturally open, I have only heard awful things about the pill that forces it. I had spotting for the first 2 months and now it has stopped barely any cramps. I do like it. Havent gotten pregnant and it helps with pain. Sex is the same, somtimes I feel pressure.

October 29, 2015

I've tried just about every kind of birth control out there. This is by far my favorite. Nothing to remember to take and super effective. It's regulated my cycle and I barely have any period at all 3 months in, which is great! No more cramps. No more headaches or weight gain. Mostly covered by insurance. I finally feel normal. I love Mirena!

August 07, 2012

My Mirena IUD was one of the best purchases I ever made. (My health insurance covered 80% of the cost but even without that I would get it again). I second everything the review before me stated. It is a bit scary at first so it's important to do your homework and make sure that Mirena is right for you. Just because it's wonderful for me doesn't mean it will be for others. I love that there is NO worries with Mirena including no period and no PMS!! For work I have to wear white scrubs and there has been more than one girl who has found herself half way through the day with an unexpected stain on her pants, and it's just not something I give a single thought to. The Mirena IUD only has to be replaced every 5 years instead of a daily pill or a shot every few months. It is the best birth control method I have ever used and I will continue to use Mirena IUD's.

January 11, 2012

i know most people shy away from talking about birth control but here it is. The Mirena is an IUD and I have to say I was hesitant at first but I have been using it for 7yrs and I love it. You don't have to worry if you took your pill or got your shot or if the condom broke. It has many benefits, I have little to no period with no other pms symptoms, it only needs to be changed every 5yrs(which was a bit uncomfortable but with the cervix softer it was okay) plus if you want to get pregnant again you can have it removed and be able to conceive right away. I recommended this form a birth control to both my sister-in-laws and they too love it. We've all had 2 children but were unsure if we wanted more this device gives us a choice. It is worth looking into for women who have had children. My drug plan covered the cost so I'm not quite sure the price but I think it's around $400 but well worth it for 5 years of birth control I think. Hope this helps anyone out there looking for an alternative to the pill.

Irememberu added a new review for
Milkbone Brushing Chews

prettyrainbow has posted in the forum topic
Beauty Products

Ssamson22 added a new review for
Milkbone Brushing Chews

KieliAnne has posted in the forum topic
Advent calender

jujusamples has started a new forum topic
Beauty Products