Good

1 review
Ranked #99 out of 175 in Gluten-free

Taste

June 09, 2015

I had to do a little research before ordering this, as I had never heard of Coconut Sugar before. This is what I found:

"Coconut sugar comes in crystal or granule form, block or liquid. It is essentially a two-step process. It starts with harvesting or "tapping" the blossoms of a coconut tree.[1] Farmers make a cut on the spadix and the sap starts to flow from the cut. The sap is then collected in bamboo containers. The sap collected is then transferred into large woks and placed over moderate heat to evaporate the moisture content of the sap. The sap is translucent and is about 80% water. As the water evaporates, it starts to transform into a thick syrup-like substance known as a "toddy". From this form, it is further reduced to crystal, block or soft paste form, or it remains in this form.
    Coconut sugar is subtly sweet almost like brown sugar but with a slight hint of caramel. However, since coconut sugar is not highly processed, the color, sweetness and flavor can vary depending on the coconut species used, season when it was harvested, where it was harvested and/or the way the "sap" or "toddy" was reduced."
    (-via Wikipedia)

I find that this tastes a bit like a cross between Regular sugar, and brown sugar. I actually like the taste, and will be using it in many recipes in place of sugar, and maybe in place of brown sugar. The reason I say maybe is because brown sugar is a sweeter molasses type taste than this, which some recipes need, and this wouldn't do it justice. This is organic, so I imagine it is a bit healthier for you. Another bonus is that it has a low level of some of the essential nutrients that you need, including potassium. We are a family who makes sure that we have potassium in our diet, because of chronic pain, and growing children who have growing pains.

Overall I recommend this product, and suggest you read up on it. You will be glad you did!

I received this product for a discount for the purpose of an honest review. My opinions are my own and are not influenced in any way.

Caro9 has posted in the forum topic
    Dove Foam

Caro9 has posted in the forum topic
    La Roche Posay

Roseanne

karma0317 has posted in the forum topic
    Windows 10

Fresh Prince of Bel Air

EdnaJ has started a new forum topic
    Multi Brands Women's Product Review