Murad Acne Complex System Reviews

Ranked #317 out of 418 in Acne Treatment

The Murad Acne Complex Kit is the skincare regimen designed to dramatically reduce breakouts, while helping to heal, soothe and hydrate the skin. Glycolic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Retinol, antioxidants and antibacterial agents work together to exfoliate dead surface skin cells, reduce excess oil and destroy bacteria. This kit contains a ONE month supply of the following products: 1. Clarifying Skin Cleanser, 3.3 oz. Clinically proven to reduce 99% of irritating bacteria in one minute! This gel cleanser deep cleans pores to remove dirt, oil, and impurities. Great for use on the back, shoulders or wherever breakouts occur. 2. Acne Prone Skin Formula, 1 oz. This patented, lightweight gel treatment features glycolic acid to remove excess cell build-up that can clog pores. With hydrogen peroxide for antiseptic and antibacteral benefits and zinc and arnica to reduce redness and inflammation. Daily use will prevent blemishes and improve skin clarity wherever breakouts occur. 3. Acne Management Formula, .25 oz. This fast acting spot treatment features sulfur to minimize the severity of breakouts and salicylic acid to clarify pores. Zinc and licorice sooth irritation and reduce redness. Use whenever breakouts occur. (One Month Kit)

March 13, 2016

I only use Murad products on my face. But I never use this set all at once and everyday. I alternate with different products depending on the time of the year and how my skin is feeling. In the winter when my skin is dryer I avoid this group and only use it if I get a breakout, in the summer when my skin is oilier and prone to more breakouts because of sunscreen I probably use it three times a week, alternating with other Murad exfoliants and cleansers. This always work for me, I think it's great!

May 06, 2014

I used this system for only a few days before I had to stop. This system in my opinion is not for people with sensitive skin. I can't really say much for it's acne fighting abilities because I didn't use it for long, but I will say that it made my skin so red that I looked like a had a very bad sunburn on my face. My skin was also itchy and rough to touch. I'm not sure if it was all or just one of the products that caused my skin to react this way. All I can recommend is that if you're trying this system, do a small test area first of each product and leave it for a few days to make sure that this does not happen to you!

January 05, 2012

I am not sure about anyone else but this product nearly destroyed my face. The sales girl at Sephora recommended it to me. I decided to try it out. It made my face itch, it irritated my skin, left slight discolorations and made me break out. I gave the kit 5 days and I couldn't continue because it became unbearable and my skin was getting red.
I highly recommend you try a bit of the product on a small area of your skin to test your reaction to it. But based on my experiences, I would not recommend this product at all. My acne was not even that bad and this just made my skin worse.

December 16, 2011

I had heard about this acne system and had wanted to try it out when I was a young teen. It had a citrus smell and the packaging was professional but I feel that there were too many steps for my preference and I found it a task to clean my face. I used it religiously for about two months and I was not impressed. At first I had seen improvement, my skin was slowly clearing up until it just stopped. My skin wasn't getting any better or any worse. It just kind of had some acne that stayed for a while, left and other acne came to replace it. I have nothing against Murad, i'm sure they are a great company who's skincare works for some people. It just didn't provide me with the results I wanted.

November 09, 2011

I tried this system since I have acne prone skin and it did no good whatsoever!!! It made my skin sand paper dry and made it peel! The smell is gross and left my skin oily. I stopped using it after 2 months with no improvement at all!! It says it's mild and for sensitive skin but this wasn't true in my case. I don't recommend this!

March 19, 2010

Murad Acne Complex System, at first glance a person who has heard and seen the Proactive reviews you might think this will be placed in 2nd place. I've tried both, Murad and Proactive, and Murad made a difference in my skin. Proactive not so much. I have difficult acne to get rid of. It's mainly caused by family genes, and the fact I have polycystic ovarian disease (a common symptom). Since I began using Murad my acne seemed to get under major control. I no longer have those huge red bulging bumps or any craziness going on with my face. It's under control! I hope you all give Murad a chance, and see too that it can make a difference.

1.5/5

August 25, 2009

I had heard great things about this product and was hopeful when I gave it a try. This is not for those of us with acne prone skin that is sensitive. I bought the 3 step regime and was only able to use it for a few days before my skin totally rebelled. It was red and itchy and awful to look at... While some have had success, if you have sensitive skin, I would caution against this...

June 22, 2009

My son has acne and i've brought home many acne treatments for him to try and he always says the same thing it doesn't make a difference, until i was in sephora nad one of the sales people recommended this murad acne treatment kit, you get face wash,toner,moisturizer and my son used it for about a week and fell in love with this product and now he exclusively uses this and recommends to all his friends, Alittle secret i use it at night to prevent acne....

September 12, 2008

Super system, I have been using it for over a year now. The exfoliating gel is my favorite, it tones and clears, amazing. The spot treatment is super drying so only use sparingly. The face wash is great as is the moisturizer, but make sure you use an spf as well since your skin may be more likely to burn.

August 31, 2008

i love my murad acne complex system, its amazing! i dont know what i would do without it!! my skin is almost perfect now after using this for about 4 months. even though the full sized kit is expensive (at $60,at sephora) it really is worth it for me because it gets rid of all my pimples!