NARS Pure Matte Lipstick Reviews

Ranked #873 out of 1014 in Lipstick

What it is:An ultra-matte, super-rich lipstick with the supple feel of a hydrating lip treatment.What it does:This matte lipstick moisturizes and sooths lips while depositing vivid, dramatic color onto the lips.What else you need to know:The formula includes mango butter at levels known to provide additional comfort and moisture. The product comes packaged in a new, soft-touch slim stick.

February 07, 2016

I love Nars lipstick. I bought the nude matte colour and it does not dry out your lips like most lipsticks. It is also true to its colour so you don't need to apply several coats to get the desired look.

July 15, 2015

I bought this in the colour Volga. It's a pretty wine colour. It is very drying and comes off easily, I'd only recommend this go a person who doesn't want a long lasting lip colour. It's pretty pricey too..

May 12, 2015

I love NARS' matte lipsticks, they're not drying on the lips and are very pigmented!!!

January 06, 2015

I bought this lipstick in Volga, a deep red/wine color and I absolutely loose the color, Ive also seen it on a lot of people and it looks good on everyone! but the staying power was just so-so, and as many matte lipstick it was very drying. Ive been meaning to try it with a lip primer and/or gloss to see how it would do, but I keep using it anyway just because I love the color so much!

September 21, 2014

I am in love with this lipstick! I love the rich, creamy colors, and the fact that it doesn't wipe off when I eat or drink anything. I am not a huge makeup person, so spending $40 at Sephora was a little heartbreaking, but I guess it was worth it in the end. Great lipstick!

January 27, 2014

This lipstick is a NARS Pure Matte Lipstick called Terre De Feu - black cherry. The fact that it is matte makes it even better because it provides the true colour expected and lasts all day long. After being inspired by the Kardashians choice of dark lip colours I searched for one I could call my own and this one was it. A great colour for winter and fall and it is not too dark.

July 20, 2010

I tried Nars Pure Matte Lipstick in Volga, which is a dark and rich plum colour. In the tube I thought the colour would be far too dark on my lips, but as soon as I applied it I could see that I was definitely wrong. I applied a very light layer of lip balm before applying the lipstick so it glides on easy. The colour is absolutely gorgeous and really stands out.

The sleek and narrow design of the tube makes it easy to apply as well as easy to carry around so you always have it with you for touch-ups. I'm a lip gloss kind of girl, but this lipstick already has me thinking about plunging into a whole new world of lip colour.

Though it seems pricey, you are definitely getting a high quality product so your money will not be going to waste.

I received a sample of this product for testing from the brand.

July 20, 2010

I tried NARS Pure Matte Lipstick in Bangkok, a medium pink that make lips look like they're naturally pink. It's an easy shade to wear and would look pretty against any skin colour. It feels moisturizing for a matte lipstick but I like to layer it with a lip balm for extra moisture and for the lipstick to blend in/sheer out especially if I'm only wearing a light layer. If you're going for a strong look, I'd wear it without any lip balm so I get the most colour. There is 2g of long lasting lipstick packaged in a sleek black tube, and although it is $30CAD I think it's worth the splurge if you're a fan of matte lipsticks.

A sample of NARS Pure Matte Lipstick was provided by the brand for testing.

July 20, 2010

Gorgeous, long lasting highly pigmented colour. If you are looking for staying power, this is your lipstick. It doesn't bleed, doesn't budge, and though it's a matte lipstick without a lot of moisture, it doesn't feel drying on the lips.

The tube is narrow, so it's easy to get a really precise application.

I got a free advance sample from NARS today and I can't stop looking at my lips! I'm wearing Vesuvio, which is a really rich red.

At $30 a pop, they are pricey but worth it.

jujusamples has posted in the forum topic
Checkout 51

jujusamples has posted in the forum topic
Top 5 AFFORDABLE makeup brands!!

prettyrainbow has posted in the forum topic

j.beauty has started a new forum topic
Top 5 AFFORDABLE makeup brands!!

tracy1963 has started a new forum topic

j.beauty added a new review for
Manic Panic Hair Dye