NARS Sheer Matte Foundation Reviews

Ranked #394 out of 595 in Foundation

An oil-free, soft matte-finish foundation with sheer, buildable coverage that controls oil and shine throughout the day. Replete with skincare benefits and the NARS Complexion Brightening Formula, skin is more luminous, softer and smoother. Used daily, Sheer Matte Foundation improves skin brightness, radiance and texture. For normal to oily skin types.

May 20, 2016

My all time favorite foundation! I have purchased this 6 times in a row now and I don't think I will ever find a better one for my skin type and coverage needs. Doesn't even feel like I am wearing any!

May 12, 2015

I enjoyed this foundation a lot. It gives amazing coverage, is super light weight and a matte finish if you're looking to get away from that shiney/shimmer some foundations have. That being said, make sure your skin is well moisturised or use a good primer under this foundation because if you don't it will settle into lines and give an undesirable finish. If used correctly it is a great product

May 30, 2014

The brand NARS is one that I love but this product is terrible. I love the Sheer Glow foundation but the Matte foundation is bad. It cakes and falls as the day goes on, into wrinkles and looks dusty. It also oxidises quite a lot; to the point it changed colour. I am quite fair so any change in the colour makes me look like I'm wearing a mask.

January 11, 2012

This is an okay foundation but not worth the money IMHO.
I found the formula too sheer, and believe it or not, had a weird powdery finish on me. It felt drying and the formula simply didn't last thru the entire day as I needed it to. Quite a disappointment, considering the price. It was difficult to work with, it streaked during application and although the formula is indeed sheer, I had no glow.
Overall a mediocre product; I could have made it work for me but not at that price.

September 17, 2011

Amazing coverage that works for sensitive skin. It blends well and lasts long without drying out my skin. Doesn't feel heavy or cakey. Great foundation! Definitely worth every penny ladies!!

April 18, 2011

This foundation is the only one that doesn't make my dry skin look flakey. The coverage is excellent as well considering it's sheer. I feel it covers up under-eye darkness and any redness I have without suffocating my skin or completely blotting out my freckles so I look like I am wearing a mask.

March 09, 2011

My skin is: oily/combination, sensitive/ reactive, acne-prone

This is the ONLY foundation that I have found to NOT induce an acne breakout or cause cysts/hard red bumps, for me (and I really have tried and returned every high-end foundation at sephora and the bay due to my skin reacting).
Coverage: this foundation manages to look 'sheer' while covering imperfections and evens out skin tone. The only con in coverage, is that it does not completely cover acne scars (like the recent red ones that currently taunt me). It does not look good on dry areas--it settles into those areas and looks patchey. When I moisturize those dry areas prior to application, this is not a problem. The thing I love about this foundation is that, it makes my skin appear much more radiant and healthy when I wear it (in fact, I have started to receive compliments on my skin since I starting using it).
And I use my (clean) hands as opposed to a foundation brush to apply this because it just applies better that way.
Wear: usually, this lasts me all day without touchup (I personally despise powder and an overly matte look). IF I am having a day where my oil glands are acting up, I would need to be blot (in the middle of the day).
Price: it is pricey-it runs for $55 plus taxes (I believe).

February 02, 2011

I got a sample of this at Sephora, tryed it on and at first I was scared because it was very sheer(Hence the name SHEER Matte :P)I added a couple layers on my trouble spots and found that it layered very nicely and provided a good amount of coverage without feeling like a mask. This foundation works very well at keeping your skin matte, although it isnt a miracle worker so eventually my skin did get dewy. I really like the texture, but the price is VERY expensive. I reccommend getting a sample from Sephora to try it before you buy it. Also, if you are a person who is very sensitive to scents, smell this before you get it because it does have a strong scent to it(although you cant smell it when it's one your face)
overall this is a very nice foundation, if you have the means to get it.

November 10, 2009

Everyone out there is looking for a perfect foundation for their skin type. I went through the same search for years untill I stumbled upon Nars. This is the BEST foundation I have ever used. If you are like me and you dont have any blemishes or anything too noticable on your face, this is the perfect foundation. I love it because I can put a tiny bit on and it really just evens out my skin tone without being too heavy. Too me it's sort of a "buffer", making your skin look perfect and flawless. It goes on very thin, almost watery. I would not recommend this to anyone that is trying to cover up bad acne or redness. It is a bit pricey but if you are willing to pay the money, you will love this foundation. It is well worth it and will give you amazing results.