NARS Smudge Proof Eye Shadow Base Reviews

Ranked #310 out of 390 in Makeup

No smudging, creasing or caking. The NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base is the insider trick of the trade. Never looking heavy-handed, this lightweight eye primer creates a seamless canvas that keeps cream and powder color looking brilliant, fresh and just-applied, all day. A polymer and mineral powder blend creates a firm grip on color ensuring hours and hours of gorgeous wear. Fortified with special deep-sea and antioxidant rice extracts, the Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base dries on contact and keeps the delicate eyelid smooth and prepared for color application.

July 01, 2016

I use this eye shadow base every day. It helps my eye shadow to stay put until I take it off at the end of the day. This is the only way that I can keep eye shadow on my extremely oily lids. I have tried other brands with less than ideal results. I keep buying this product when my current one is done. I highly recommend this amazing product to everyone!

May 12, 2015

I absolutely love this eyeshadow base, it keeps my shadow from creasing!

July 08, 2014

I've tried a few different eye primers (UDPP, Bare Minerals Prime Time, MAC Paint Pots) and this one is the winner. It's not 100% perfect, sure, but it's the only one that keeps my eyeliner from traveling under my eyes. Caveat: I don't wear eyeshadow, only eyeliner, so I don't know whether this prevents eyeshadow creasing or prolongs eyeshadow wear.

This comes in a sleek looking white tube with a black handled applicator. The applicator itself is a doe foot, similar to what is used for lip gloss. A lot of people here have complained about this applicator, but it doesn't bother me. I do see how it would be hard to get all of the product out,though. (I'm still on my first tube, so I don't know how long it lasts before having to buy another one)

Pros: it's easy to use and the consistency is thin. It dries to a smooth, matte, transparent finish. I swipe this on right after I put on my BB cream and before my foundation and powder. This gives me enough time to let it set and dry before putting on eyeliner. Eyeliner goes on smoothly over it with no tugging. And it really makes my eyeliner last all day. Seriously, it doesn't budge until I take it off 12 - 14 h later. There is some fading in the corners where my eyes water, but no big deal. I use a biphasic eye makeup remover and have no problems removing it.

Cons: There is a bit of a learning curve in gauging how much to use. Too much and it makes you lashes white. I sometimes have to go back and pick it off my lashes, especially if I put it on in a rush. Also, I read here that a tube gets used up quickly. It's also pricey, but considering this is the only primer I've tried that works, I'm more than willing to fork over ~$25.00 for it.

0.5/5

May 13, 2011

Absolutely not necessary. I tried this product last night under sevral NARS shadows and found it was not worth the amount of money they are charging. I use shadow sticks - MAC, Rimmel, Cover Girl - as well as low-cost creme shadows under all my eye shadows, which is extremely effective and a far cheaper alternative than wasting cash on this product. Wouldn't even consider buying this.