NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Cruella Reviews

Ranked #12 out of 1136 in Lipstick

March 29, 2017

Beautiful colour and texture! For those with dry lips like myself though, it is absolutely essential to apply a moisturizer before wear. Love the applicator for this lip product; allows you to be very precise in your use! Does not need to be used with a lip liner but provides the same effect. Long wearing and effective! Looks even more fabulous with a shimmer gloss layered on top.

February 21, 2017

I received this lip pencil as the Birthday Gift from Sephora a couple of years ago and I am so glad I did! I find that it is super flattering and versatile because it's red but not too bright or glossy/shiny like some other lipsticks I have tried in similar colours. I wear it for my dance performances, date nights with my man and girls nights out - and even sometimes to work if I have to dress up for a special meeting or event. I also find it is super flattering on every person I know who has tried it. If you are looking for the perfect red lipstick - this might be it for you - I know it is for me1

December 06, 2016

got this as a birthday gift last yearfrom Sephora and just started using it during this holiday season! in love!!!! it goes on smooth and I absolutely love this colour!!!

October 29, 2016

Like many others I received this as a Birthday gift from sephora. It is a great universal red colour managing to look great on both warm and cool toned skin. It applies very easily as a pencil shape and with great creaminess. The pigmentation is very strong as well. I know that these pencils can be sharpened to continue using the product, but I only wish it would fit into a regular size sharpener so I wouldn't have to buy a new one just for this lip product. Definitely a pricey product but the quality does live up to the brand.

October 19, 2016

I was so thrilled to get this lip pencil from Sephora last year on my birthday! It was a good size sample, smooth texture and easy to apply and it also has some staying power. It really gives you a classic matte red when you want to be truly dramatic.

October 19, 2016

The perfect beautiful red lip can be achieved with this lip pencil, it goes on matte in a perfect shade of red and stays put all day, like most matte lip crayons it doesn't dry out lips.

October 06, 2016

I received this from Sephora as a birthday gift and it is one of the lipsticks I reach for when I'm looking to add an easy wash of color. It can easily go on as a bold red lip color but what I love about it is that I can also wear a light coat. Additionally, as it fades during the day, it leaves a slight stain which I love. The price is on the higher end in terms of lipsticks but I think if you're looking for a classic red lipstick, this is worth that investment.
    I do hope that they decide to make these twist up pencils because I hate the wasted product when sharpening.

October 05, 2016

A little pricey but so worth it. I think Lip pencils are trending these days. It lasts for a long time and don't bleed at all. It is ultra matte and looks really nice. It's the perfect red! Smooth application and won't dry your lips. I usually just top it with a lip gloss or lip balm.

September 27, 2016

I have this nars matte lip pencil that I got from sephora. I got it as my birthday item last year, but I absolutely love it. I went back and bought another colour after, because it went on so nicely. I love the matte finish, and how it doesn't leave my lips looking dry! The colour is so rich, and it lasts a very long time. Such a great product, and the price was not too bad.

September 27, 2016

Rouge d'une couleur parfaite selon moi. Je suis brune et je trouve que cette couleur m'avantage beaucoup. Application facile grâce au crayon avec pointe précise.