Neostrata Skin Resurfacing Duo Reviews

Ranked #759 out of 944 in Facial Cleansers

A rich face cream targeting prevention and correction of the visible signs of photoaging. Ideal for first time AHA users with non-sensitive skin. Oil-free, Fragrance-Free and Non-Comedogenic/acnegenic. Formulated with 8% Glycolic acid and 2% Citric acid.

August 01, 2016

I absolutely love this product, my skin looks and feels amazing after just one. After a month, my skin has a more even complexion, brighter and just overall looks healthier. This removed any dry patches/dead skill cells I had on my face and even toned down any excess shine and oil.
This is a two step process so it wouldn't be for somebody who prefers a quick and easy exfoliation but it is very easy once you get started. You also only need to use it once or twice a week (depending on how oily you are), and once you start you'll appreciate your results.
Your first step is to apply the "Crystals" which come in a jar, this has such a great scent. It smells like fresh citrus fruits and actually has Orange Essential Oils listed in the ingredients. This is a pretty abrasive exfoliant though, it does say it is safe for sensitive skin but if are easily irritated I would try a sample first. I do get some minor redness after but it goes away after just a few moments and I also do not feel anything, I am just red.
The next step is to apply the activator. This stuff is VERY watery/runny, so be careful when opening the cap. That is a negative about this product, it would be much better, efficient and cleaner if this was in a "pump" form. Anyway, you apply this to your face and initially it is very cool and refreshing but it will warm up slightly. This also doesn't smell as good as the crystals, it actually doesn't smell like anything. This is the part of the product however that will activate any anti-aging ingredients and benefits.
If you are somebody who is VERY sensitive, you are able to mix the crystals and the activator together so you don't get such an abrasive exfoliant. I've done this and the results are the same, you still look and feel so much smoother and brighter afterwards, you will just lose the citrus scent. Also, when you do mix the two together it will almost look like a chemical reaction, it will start to bubble and become more of a foam than a scrub or exfoliant but like I said, you will still get the same effect.
I actually received this product for free but it is $75 at SDM which is pretty expensive. I only use it once a week to try and make it last as long as I can. But, this doesn't compare to other products. You can feel this product working even deep into your skin and the results are immediate, I do not get this with other products (or atleast not as quick/well).

June 08, 2016

I love this product! I wish I could say it was worth the money, but $75 is a lot of money for something I could easily find a comparable product for at a drug store price. However, if money weren't an issue I would re-purchase this every time I run out as it leaves my skin feeling so soft and smooth and visibly clean. Comparable to results of a spa facial

February 03, 2016

Definitely a fan of this duo! I use it once a week, in the morning, typically on a makeup free day. I apply it as per the instructions and I love the way my face feels after using it! My skin looks bright, feels softer and is ready for the next 5 steps of my routine. Although my face doesn't feel irritated I do experience a bit of redness. This typically disappears within 5-10 minutes. The one thing I'm not a fan of is the two step system. I feel like it's hard to use both products evenly and I know I'm going to end up finishing one before the other. It is a bit pricey but for weekly use it will last quite a long time. In the end it is way cheaper than going to a spa for microdermabrasion.

September 13, 2014

I use this product about once a week. I find it leaves my skin extremely soft and keeps it clear of blemishes.

September 05, 2014

NeoStrata represents the only skin care products I use, and this in one of my all-time favourites. Once a week (Saturday morning's long, relaxing shower) I exfoliate with the Resurfacing Duo. I have extremely sensitive skin, and found the first few uses caused a mild burning sensation, some redness, and peeling. Now, I love the warmth created when the activator is applied, and can't believe how soft and smooth my skin feels afterwards. At 46, my skin has never looked better.

March 25, 2011

I used to have this and it worked very well for me. I would use it once a week and it made my skin look and feel fresh, clear, and smooth. The only thing stopping me from purchasing it again is the price... I have found other products ways to exfoliate my skin for much cheaper.

1.5/5

January 06, 2010

Ok, so I have so much to say about this product. I will put it into point for so as not to bore you....
1) it is too expensive, even when it is on sale
2) jar packaging is not good, causes free radicals and you have to keep sticking your fingers into it
3) if you have this, I recommend mixing both products in your hands prior to applying it onto your face
or....... only using the first step of the product (the one in the jar)
4) the stuff in the jar smells like oranges. I'm not a huge fan of citrus for the face. I have read that the acidity of citrus is not good for skin and infact is harmful to the cells and intracellular matrix.

my experience (used twice)
-I have dry flakey skin. I read about this product on a blog, and went out and bought it. Not my usual style. I usually don't put something on my skin that I have read about thoroughly.
-The first time I mixed the 2 products in my hand and applied it to my face. It was fine, but not the miracle the blog had claimed.
-The second time (last night) I decided to use it as intended. I applied the grit from the jar, then the activator from the tube. I never in my life felt my skin burn like this before! I immediately washed it off. I had luckily only put the activator on my chin. My skin in that area was inflammed and burning.
-Interestingly enough, the area's where didn't put the activator were smooth this morning. But, for myself, the cons out weigh the pros. I won't be using it again.

December 06, 2009

Fantastic for revealing radiant, younger looking skin. I have somewhat dry skin in the winter and love using this product once a week. Skin feels amazingly smooth and not dry. Lessens the look of fine lines by rejuvenating dull looking skin. Highly recommend even though price is a little steep. A little goes a long way. I would say this is a good product for all ages.