Nest Learning Thermostat Reviews

Ranked #322 out of 613 in Electronics

June 26, 2016

I love the Nest. It learns when you are home. So it makes changes to the temperature. You can use your smart phone to change or turn on heat/AC. It tells you the usage that it has been on. It is pricey, but I think this is worth it. In our last home we bought the 2nd generation one. And when we moved we got the 3rd generation one as a gift.

January 18, 2016

As someone who forgets often to turn the heat down when I leave the house, the Nest thermostat is pure bliss! So easy to use and has cut our heating bill significantly! Love it, Love it, Love it!

June 09, 2015

Wow! Depuis que nous avons le thermostat Nest, nous n'avons que du positif à dire. Il est beau, facile à installer mais surtout très pratique. Il nous a fait épargner beaucoup de sous pour le chauffage. Vous devez avoir un chauffage central pour que ça en vaille la peine. En voyage ou au bureau, nous pouvons contrôler la température de notre maison à distance avec nos téléphones intelligents! Un charme!

August 13, 2013

Nest Learning Thermostat is a great product. If I could give out awards for products this would get a gold crown! It is easy to use(which was the initial reason we wanted to ditch our old one). It looks awesome. It has bright, easy to see numbers which show up when you walk by the unit and the display turns off by itself a few seconds later. You can easily see what impact you are having on your bill because they e-mail you a graph of your usage and even compare you to other users (I've made it into the top 5% - YAY!). You can easily turn the dial up or down and when you turn it down, the display shows a friendly green leaf. Your system will get to know when you are away and start turning itself down. Do you have a bunch of shift workers? That's fine too. If you manually adjust it, it will get to know those patterns and won't freeze you out.
The feature I love the best is I can turn my temp up or down (set my Nest thermostat to "away" status) all with my i-Phone. How cool (pun intended) is that?! Even if you are on vacation, what other thermostat does this??? Nest is super sleek, super inventive and works superbly. I recommend it to absolutely everyone.

October 30, 2012

My husband came home with this one day last year and I was like you spent how much on a thermostat??!

These puppies aren't cheap, but they sure are good looking. And most importantly, smart. If you aren't one of those people who loves to dive into an instruction manual to learn how to properly program your thermostat (who are those people??), Nest is for you.

It remembers what temperature you like at what time of the day after about a week. You don't have to do anything but adjust it as you normally would and then it tells you it has learned your preferences and it's all automatic after that. You can also set comfort ranges by telling it not to go any higher than 22 degrees and no lower than 20. It will automatically switch between air conditioning and heat to adjust to your settings. It also senses when you are around so if there is no movement for a certain period of time, it sets itself to away and automatically lowers the temperature.

My favourite part is that you can download an app for your smartphone where you can remotely adjust the temperature. So if you are on your way back from a weekend getaway and you know the house will be cold since it's set to away, you can warm it up before your arrival. I also use that a lot when I'm lying in bed and hot or cold and don't want to go all the way downstairs to adjust the temperature.

I'm not sure it's saved us any money yet. It has been a year but our energy consumption has been roughly the same. It certainly has been much more convenient and for that reason I highly recommend it.

Neuven added a new review for