Neutrogena Beach Defense SPF 30

Neutrogena Beach Defense SPF 30 Reviews

Ranked #150 out of 333 in Sun Protection

Neutrogena® Beach Defense™ Sunscreen Lotion provides superior skin protection from harsh summer elements, clinically proven to help defend the signs of sun damage.

Beach Defense™ Sunscreen Lotion provides beach strength broad spectrum UVA/UVB sun protection in a lightweight, fast absorbing formula, ideal for outdoor skin protection of the active family.

* Water resistant (80 minutes)
    * Lightweight, fast absorbing
    * Oil free, PABA free

August 10, 2016

I love my Neutrogena Beach Defense spray! I can't stand having to apply thick, greasy lotions, so the fact that this comes as a spray is a big plus! I never but when I use this even if I'm out in the sun for hours (and I'm VERY pale and prone to sunburn). It dries instantly and stays put, unless I go swimming. I always carry a bottle of this in my beach bag!

January 25, 2016

I love this sunscreen! It smells amazing and protects your skin. We always take this on vacation with us!

September 24, 2015

Love love love. Not sticky after application, smells great (sort of slightly fruity) and easy to spread. I never burn when I have applied this sunscreen. It lasts well after swimming. It doesn't leave my hands sticky.

September 23, 2015

The first thing to note is the smell - it smells amazing and unlike the typical sunscreen smell. It does have that mid stance on greasy vs. matte. It's not either or but is one of the better sunscreens I have tried. It is liquidy and less cream like.

June 18, 2014

I'm allergic to most chemical sunscreens (mostly on my face, but also on my arms and legs). However, this one didn't cause a reaction when I applied it to my hands and arms.

This sunscreen has a fairly light texture, and it's moisturizing enough to not need a separate application of lotion. Although I wouldn't call the finish matte, it's not sticky; nor is it greasy. The most negative aspect about this product is its overpowering sweet smell. It disappears after a few minutes, but I'm not sure if it's because it really dissipates, or if my nose has adjusted to it.

Overall, its price point, the adequate protection against UVA rays (according to EWG), and the fact that it doesn't cause any allergic reactions probably means that I will repurchase this product.

September 24, 2013

First thing first : I want to be clear in that I told Neutrogena how I felt about this directly, they know about my concerns and sent me a coupon to "compensate". I still want to warn people about this product.

I love the idea of spray sunscreen. Since it's my second bad experience so far, it will take me a LONG time before I try one again.
You know how they say in the back that it can stain "some fabric"? Well in my experience, MOST fabric get stained. Badly. With a nice orange color.
So, especially if you wear your clothes (or some clothing) when you apply or re-apply (excuse me for not getting naked to apply sunscreen, and not waiting 20min for it to dry completly before getting dressed!), you get every clothing border touching your skin turned orange (collar, short seams, tank top and bikini straps) while some other parts get a few drops for good measure.

My first experience with another spray product (Neutrogena Cooling Mist), we didn't notice at first (it tends to come out after a while, not sure but maybe worst after washing), we lost for a few hundred bucks of clothes.
No cleaning product would work.
This summer, I lost a pair of shorts, a tank top, a bra and a cardigan. Oh, and there was some on my socks too.

If it hadn't been for that, I would've loved the product.
I only rated average for price, as it's just that! It's not pricier than other brands, it's not the cheapest either.

Other than the fact that being a spray, it can't be 5-star effective, it's pretty effective. If I was careful of applying it well, I wouldn't get a sunburn.

The staining aside, I liked it. It wasn't too greasy, it smelled great (the first time I actually LIKED the smell of a sunscreen!)... but I would not recommend it at ALL and would never buy it again.

I might try Beach Defense in cream though.

August 22, 2013

I recently received a sample of this. I absolutely love the scent. It smells fresh. It's SPF 30 which is fantastic and will last me all day. Its water resistant so its perfect for the beach. This will protect your skin if used daily and it is also great for preventing wrinkles. Highly recommend this.

August 22, 2013

I use sunscreen only on tattoos and usually employ Coppertone's Baby spf 60 version or Life Brand Baby spf 60 (whichever is on sale), as they are both thick and I know they work.
This Neutrogena one, first off, smells. Which I cannot stand. As a farmer and sometime bee minder I cannot have scents in my body products as they attract insects. So I cannot wear this at work.
Second, I noticed that it practically pours out of the bottle; no real squeezing necessary. It is super liquidy which makes it appear to go farther, but at the same time feels like it is not being as effective as thicker sunscreens.
Conclusively, I will stick to the cheaper, thicker, tried-and-true Coppertone.

August 22, 2013

I got a sample of this from Neutrogena a while back, and at first didn't really think much of it because I had a few other samples to use up as well. I've really liked every Neutrogena sunscreen I've tried so far, but one thing I enjoy about sunscreens are the tropical scents, and ones I've tried from this brand haven't had that.
I finally got around to trying it and the first thing I noticed was that it smelled AMAZING, like pineapples or something tropical and fruity. It actually smells even prettier than my usual favourites (like Hawaiian Tropic).
Apart from this product having a scent that I now love, it gives great protection against the sun too. I like the formula, it has a creamy, rich consistency but isn't too thick or hard to apply. It goes on white which helps you see spots you've missed, but it quickly melts into your skin and doesn't leave any greasy residue.
The price is a bit higher than some drug store brand sunscreens, at least in my area, but it's one of the better ones I've used, and I think it's important to get a sunscreen you actually like, so you'll use it more often.

June 15, 2013

Got a sample of this in 60 SPF and loved it. Has a very faint smell, but nice. Leaves my skin feeling soft, not greasy. I would buy this when I need more sunscreen!