Neutrogena Clear Face Sunscreen Lotion
Good

Neutrogena Clear Face Sunscreen Lotion Reviews

Ranked #115 out of 332 in Sun Protection

June 30, 2015

I really want to like this product, but there are a couple of things that bother me about it. I am still going to use up the bottle that I have, (probably for my body though and not my face), and I still like Neutrogena products, but this particular one isn't for me personally.
My face can be sensitive to certain products and prone to breakouts, so I thought this would be a good product to try. I've liked Neutrogena's other facial sunscreens in the past (like the Ultra Sheer), but they can be a bit drying.
The first few days that I used this sunscreen, it worked well and I didn't have any irritation or breakouts. But the more I use it, the more it seems to feel uncomfortable on my face, and I definitely start to get more clogged pores than usual.
This sunscreen does not claim to be gentle, but it IS supposed to be non-comedogenic and non-acnegenic, as well as oil and fragrance free. I didn't realize at first, but the ingredients for this sunscreen include "cedrus atlantica bark extract" as well as "cinnamomum zeylanicum bark extract", which are cedar bark and cinnamon! Those are both ingredients that can be irritating to the skin, and it really makes me wonder why they are included in this product.
I do like the texture of this sunscreen - it dries pretty matte compared to others, and doesn't leave much of a white cast. I can use it on the rest of my body, but will definitely be careful of using too much, too often, and will not be buying this particular Neutrogena sunscreen again for myself. (I still love the Neutrogena Beach Defense, though!)

Updated On: June 30, 2015

***I meant to rate this as
PRICE - 2 STARS
QUALITY - 2 STARS
EFFECTIVENESS - 2 STARS

June 18, 2015

The only product I've tried so far that is not causing breakouts or blackhead. You have to try this!

June 16, 2015

Needed a new sunscreen for my face and saw this at the local Wal-Mart. I usually get Neutrogena Helioplex sunscreen but I wanted to try something different. This one was marketed for 'acne-prone skin' and claims to not cause breakouts. This was exactly what I was looking for! Something to keep me protected but not oily. And that's exactly what it does and more.
Its a normal consistency and applies easily. It will make your face dewy for a minute or two but then dries to look like your normal skin. It doesn't feel greasy or heavy at all (probably because it isn't waterproof). It has not been the cause of any blemishes to date and it also claims to have light reflectors that cover blemishes. I actually believe this because it makes my skin look more smooth than without this sunscreen.
Will definitely repurchase when I run out!