Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser Reviews

Ranked #212 out of 417 in Acne Treatment

0.5/5

June 27, 2016

This stuff is HORRIBLE! I had the worst reaction; my entire face was burned and swollen after the first use!!! STAY AWAY FROM THIS PRODUCT PLEASE! This has happened to a lot of other women too, you can check by making a quick google search.

1.5/5

December 15, 2014

I really liked the smell of this cleanser, but it broke me out like crazy. But I have to say that my skin it's very sensitive so maybe this can be one of the factors too.

November 14, 2014

I've been around, and I've tried almost every drugstore facial cleanser out there, but this? This isn't like the rest. It's absolutely horrible.

OK, now that I have your attention let me tell you how amazing this cleanser actually is, along with the scrub version. First of all it smells amazing and you feel super squeaky clean after you've washed your face. I find that it does dry my skin out a bit, but I use moisturizer and that solves the problem. Either way, we should always be using moisturizer. It doesn't necessarily tighten my skin when it makes it dry, and it's not a dry as in my-face-will-start-peeling dry. Just not-oily-at-all dry. That's great.

For the products effectiveness: I came across this because I had a friend in high school who never seemed to get breakouts. I asked her what she used and she told me about this gem. I started trying it and woah, my zits slowly began to disappear!

Trust me, whenever you'd see me back then, I always had some sort of zit or scab from a previously popped zit on my face. Now? I get zits once in a blue moon.

I tend to switch up my cleansers not because this one doesn't work but rather because I don't want my skin to get too used to it and stop being affected by it. It costs anywhere from $11-15, depending on where you buy it - but it's worth the price. It not only lasts a very long time, but you don't even need to use one full pump because it lathers up really well.

There is absolutely no reason why you shouldn't try this cleanser, unless you have extremely dry and flaky skin. My skin's not oily, it's more towards combination/normal, and this works great.

August 10, 2014

Great smelling acne wash. But when it came to helping decrease acne it formed more acne and pimples. Not to mention it dried out my skin in a number of 4 days. If it were to have worked as expected it would have been worth every penny.

July 08, 2014

I don't really have any skin issues other than it can go from being dry in the winter and oily in the summer. My daughters like to use this produce to control any skin blemishes that might occur.

While on vacation in NYC, I didn't want to use the soap the hotel provided and because I didn't bring my own facial cleanser with me, I decided to try what my daughters brought, Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser. I love grapefruits and the smell of this product wasn't overwhelming like some. I loved how it left my skin feeling very clean. Needless to say, I've now switched to this cleanser and love it.

June 14, 2014

This is the same great product with a fresh Grapefruit smell.

April 25, 2014

While looking for an acne cleaner for my teenager, I remember that I use to used Neutrogena. In to the aisle I go and found this product. Althought, I buy it for her (a 14 yrs old), I have used it to, just to try it out! First of all, it smells absolutely wonderful! It feels great on the skin and it really help clear my teenager's face. For me, it left my skin a bit dry but on her, no problem. Like any acne product, it is more effective if you use it everyday.

September 13, 2013

didn't do the trick for me...smells good though

July 29, 2013

well, as of Neutrogena… it’s an oil-free facial wash. we dont want extra oil in our face right? it also contains 2% salicylic acid. you probably know that salicylic acid fight pimples. 2% is a good amount. actually, it’s a lil strong for sensitive skin. in my case, i got dry skin with this but please, disregard the dry skin for a moment. that’s why moisturizers are created right? so i really recommend using this because it leaves your skin smooth and really clean. oh wait, did i mention it’s also good for getting rid of black heads!

this is my personal favourite. if you guys want detailed review, you can click on http://iamsherlyn.com/tagged/MTP

sorry if im linking my blog. i provided picture there that this one actually works! great product! no doubt.

February 20, 2013

I love the smell of this product!! It smells much better than other acne facial washes I've used in the past! I've used this wash (in the past) in the morning, in the shower and before bed. I have very oily skin and I didn't find that this helped with that at all, and I would still break out once a month, however, the breakouts weren't as bad as they were before I used this product.

jayvelyn926 added a new review for