Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture For Sensitive Skin Reviews

Ranked #839 out of 1112 in Facial Lotions & Creams

This lightweight, non greasy formula instantly infuses skin with a burst of fresh hydration. quickly absorbed into your skin leaving a matte, velvety finish. Leaves no sticky residue and primes the skin for makeup allowing it to be applied evenly and smoothly

January 11, 2016

After trying numerous drugstore moisturizers, I have finally found one that is both oil-free, SPF-free, and moisturizing.

My search for a moisturizer comes with a history of breakouts and rashes due to my sensitive skin and allergies to chemicals commonly found in SPF. So when I found this moisturizer and tried it I was elated. My skin, which is normally oilly, was suffering from severe dry patches because I had been cleaning it daily without rebalancing with a moisturizer - something that further irritated my skin especially because it was in the dry, winter months when my skin was acting up.

This moisturizer is light and without oli so safe to apply without fear of adding to my oil-slick face. It also combatted my dry patches during the winter months. And I found the best, most effective way to apply the moisturizer is to put a dollop on my fingers and massage thoroughly into the face. And a little goes a long way. An application in the morning and another one right before proved to re-balance my facial skin. No more rashes, breakouts or dry patches. And my oily complexion didn't get any worse.

I find this moisturizer slightly on the high end of the price spectrum for a drugstore moisturizer but for me, it is well worth it. When on sale, it can be found for $9.99 and a bottle generally lasts about 6 months. It is also good to use before applying foundation and other makeup products. But the key is to ensure the moisturizer is well massaged into the face so applying foundation won't leave any unsightly streaks.

June 17, 2015

This moisturizer is one of the best I've tried! It moisturizes beautifully without an oily feeling. It absorbs quickly and doesn't feel greasy at all! It's also perfect for sensitive skin!

March 31, 2015

I have been trying to find a moisturizer that does what it's supposed to without feeling greasy and having an overwhelming scent. I found that in Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisturizer for Sensitive Skin. It feel light and cool going on my skin, which is really nice, and the scent is nonexistent, also nice!

May 03, 2013

I have been using this product every day for 3 days in the morning, before putting on my makeup. I was using a very low coverage BB cream instead, prior to starting this product. Just to be clear, my skin can be sensitive but overall is pretty normal – not overly dry or oily.

This product was good for me because I don’t need an overly intensive product for my skin - just something that will keep my face from drying out during the day. I like this product because it dries quickly and is oil free. I only use one pump for my entire face in the morning before putting on my make up. Definitely prevents dryness during the day and does not make my face oily at all. Also, I HATE products/moisturizers that are overly fragranced! Since this product is for sensitive skin it smells very natural and clean – barely any scent at all. The only thing keeping this product from being perfect for someone with my skin type is some level of SPF.

March 05, 2013

Use this as part of my everyday makeup.
I feel that my skin doesnt get overly greasy, but nice and soft.

August 27, 2012

A great product for the daytime under makeup.
This is a lightweight fast absorbing moisturizer. It does leave a silicon feel which is why it's great under makeup. It's pretty average in terms of moisturizing the skin and I would bump the quality up a star if it has SPF in it too to make a total package moisturizer.

September 09, 2011

This is a great daytime moisturizer. I didn't get greasy and after applying it, it leaves a nice smooth canvas for makeup. This moisturizer definitely gives that silicon feel which is why it's great under makeup. I found it was decently moisturizing. Since I'm quite a minimalist I'm a bit annoyed that I don't like using it at night and I dislike having to use 2 separate products.
In general though, I like it so I would repurchase it.

May 28, 2010

My boyfriend picked this up as he was getting really dry skin during the end of winter. He wanted something that wouldn't make his skin greasy and didn't smell like flowers. The moisturizer really worked. It worked so well for him that I used it on my face after a shower under my makeup to prevent dry flakes. It didn't have any fragrance to it and went on really light and smooth. You definitely don't need a lot for what it's worth.

December 02, 2009

I bought this moisturizer as part of a gift pack. It included an eye make up remover, this moisturizer and a toner. To be honest, I mostly wanted the pack for the toner and makeup remover but the price worked out better if you bought the pack instead of each item seperately so i went for the pack. I must say that I am absolutely and positively impressed with the moisturizer. I didnt want it at first but now it has become a staple in my every day routine. It is ultra light (hence the name) so it does not give you that greasy thick mucky feeling that some other moisturizers give. It absorbs quickly, and again is NOT AT ALL GREASY! (I normally don't like using creams or moisturizers because of that reason). It kept my skin soft and smooth all day. I highly reccommend this product for anyone who does not like feeling like you have gunk all over your face.

June 14, 2009

I have sensitive, acne-prone skin and this is a great moisturizer to use when my skin is feeling a bit dry, like in the winter. Doesn't make me break out. Very light feeling but does a great job of moisturizing.