Neverwhere
Good

Neverwhere Reviews

Ranked #939 out of 1001 in Books

Richard Mayhew is a young man with a good heart and an ordinarylife, which is changed forever when he stops to help a girl he finds bleeding on a London sidewalk. His small act of kindness propels him into a world he never dreamed existed. There are people who fall through the cracks, and Richard has become one of them. And he must learn to survive in this city of shadows and darkness, monsters and saints, murderers and angels, if he is ever to return to the London that he knew.

September 09, 2007

My friend lend me this book during my New-Book-Drought and it was fantastic!! The synopsis on the back cover was a little weird, so I was hesitant to start the book. But once I started, I couldn't put it down. The story had melted the normal world we live in with a world of magic and creatures. Neil Gaiman is a very talent writer. After Neverwhere, I went out and bought a few of his other books as well. They were all really really great!!

February 05, 2007

My boyfriend convinced me to read this book. It took me awhile to actually pick it up, since it was basically a fantasy novel, which I'm not a big fan of. Sure, I've read the Hobbit and the Lord Of The Rings, but that's about it. He insisted that is was amazing, so I read it. I was actually amazed that I enjoyed it so much! I honestly didn't even realize that it was a fantasy while reading it. Right away you are swept into this unknown world. It's pretty face-paced.

Richard Mayhew is your everyday average guy; simple life, girlfriend, job, etc, etc. Then he finds Door (yes, there is a character named Door) on the streets and his world is turned upside down from the boring everyday to a crazy unknown adventure.

It's a great quick read that I surprisingly enjoyed. This book has actually opened me up to more of Gaimen's works. He is a really great author.

scoof has posted in the forum topic
    Natural Calm Magnesium Citrate Powder

scoof added a new review for
    Sambucol Cold & Flu

scoof added a new review for
    seventh generation baby wipes

kelx has posted in the forum topic
    Blackheads

scoof has started a new forum topic
    Natural Calm Magnesium Citrate Powder