Our Bird Room is chilly in the winter – I’m not quite sure why, but we always have a heater on at night during the winter.
Safety is obviously of importance, as our parrots are precious family members!
We normally get the inexpensive regular electric floor models that MAY last one to two seasons at the most due to them getting clogged up with feathers and fluff, being a pain to clean out, and the moving parts.
I received the Nikko Ceramic Heater from Amazon and was happy with its sleek design, and stoked that there is an easily removable (and cleanable) filter at the back! This feature is great for us, as I will be able to clean it regularly, creating better airflow throughout the heater, and it will allow for a longer lifespan!
It is so quiet, my husband didn’t even know it was on in our bedroom (to test it outside of our parrots’ airspace), just that the room was MUCH warmer than it had been an hour earlier. This was on the lowest heat setting!
I set the heater up overnight in the bird room the last few nights, and it has been fabulous. Low sound, the floor in front of the heater no longer gets hot (as compared with our electric cheapo heater), and the heat is more evenly distributed more efficiently.
This should definitely help with our heating bills in the upcoming winter – which can get as cold as -40 degrees Celsius!
Things I like:
- It is very portable
- It has a shut off if it tips over (we have two rambunctious dogs),
- Evenly disbursed heat
- Easily Cleanable filter in the back
- Multiple settings
- UL Certified in Canada and the USA (very important feature – I work in the insurance industry and it has made me quite paranoid!)
Things I dislike
- Nothing so far – its features alone exceeds those of the heaters we have had in the past
The technical aspects of the Nikko Ceramic Heater:
- UL Certified in Canada & the USA
- 3 X Heat Setting : Low, Med, High / 1X Fan Speed / Power Protection Light / Automatic Thermostat
- Overheat Thermal Protection
- Plus the variables I mentioned above
If you have a cold room or need to take the chill out of the air efficiently, I’d highly recommend this space heater!
These reviews are the subjective opinions of ChickAdvisor members and not of ChickAdvisor Inc.