Not My Father's Son, A Memoir by Alan Cumming

Not My Father's Son, A Memoir by Alan Cumming Reviews

Ranked #566 out of 1018 in Books

October 28, 2014

As a long-time Alan Cumming fan, I was very excited about his new book! I am pleased to say that it lived up to my expectations and was as witty and whimsical as the delightful actor himself, despite the dark subject matter. Cumming shows great strength in sharing his family's past openly and recounting memories that are evidently painful. A beautiful read from an inspiring man.

October 25, 2014

I loved this book. I'm a huge Alan Cumming fan, so it was nice to get to read his memoirs and learn more about him!

October 21, 2014

As an Alan Cumming fan I was early on the library's wait list for this book and by the looks of it I got an early borrow, as it's pristine. The condition of the book aside, a bittersweet but cheeky (his word) telling of a family secret that gets told through our actor while he's the subject of show Who Do You Think You Are. Told in Cumming's acerbic voice it's a fast read and full of emotion. I've plowed through half of it in a day and will probably reread before returning to the library.

aasta98 added a new review for
    NIVEA 3-in-1 Micellar Water

Hunty added a new review for
    Instagram App