Nutrience Grain Free SubZero Cat Food Reviews

Ranked #1 out of 57 in Cat Food & Treats

Nutrience Grain Free Subzero™ is a Canadian made ancestral diet combining protein-rich kibble and freeze-dried NUTRIBOOST™ to deliver the nutritional benefits of raw in a convenient & easy to use recipe. The formulations are prepared with fresh, never frozen Canadian sources of meat, poultry, Pacific wild-caught fish and real freeze-dried protein for a superior flavor.

There are two formulas inspired by Canadian regions:

• Prairie Red for cats, featuring Canadian beef, wild boar, bison and wild-caught Pacific salmon
  • Fraser Valley for cats , featuring Canadian chicken, turkey, wild-caught Pacific salmon, herring and cod

March 09, 2016

our elderly cat loved it at first. She ate a bit then later ate a couple of bites then not at all interested. Dogs thought it was awesome.
I liked the reseal able bag but not the odour of the food

February 25, 2016

My two cats absolutely loved Nutrient Grain Free SubZero Prairie Red! They were always meowing at me for more, especially for those little freeze dried pieces in the food. They loved those! The bag was emptied faster than any of food bag. Which is probably not a good thing for their weight, but I was ok with them getting extra as the food is such good quality.

About a month after being on the food, I have noticed how much shinier and healthier my cats coats look. My long haired used to always leave clumps of hair around the house before starting on this food. I have't seen any clumps in a long time! I really think I have to thank Nutrient Grain Free SubZero Prairie Red for it!

February 21, 2016

I received the Prairie Red version of Nutrience Grain Free Subzero Cat Food as part of the Chick Advisor Product Review Club.

My cats absolutely loved this food. I started out giving them a couple pieces as a treat and they really enjoyed the taste. I slowly added it to their usual food and they had no trouble adjusting to it, no stomach issues at all.

They were already healthy cats but their coats did seem to be shinier when on this product. The biggest change is that my one cat seemed to be hungry frequently on his other food, and on the Nutrience food he is full on the same amount of food, doesn't meow for more food in between meals and can actually eat most of the food in the bowl and walk away from it, whereas on his old food he would gobble it all down right away but still seem hungry.

The only downside is that the Nutrience Grain Free SubZero food is more expensive that foods of similar quality, grain free foods.

Overall I would definitely recommend this to anyone to buy for their cat.

February 18, 2016

It is taking a little while for my cat to eat regularly but am finding that she is getting used to it.
I made the mistake at first of filling her bowl with only this free SubZero package and she did not seem to want to eat it all . I than read the advised instructions advising to mix it in with her regular food slowly and now see that she also eats the SubZero food.
I fill bowls with almost all Sub Zero Nutrience and sometimes it will sit for a while but when she gets hungry she eats it and am finding with time she is getting used to it.
I am confident that with more time she will enjoy it and I am glad as I know the grain fed and natural ingredients will be much healthier for her.
I started the review quite late and still have over a 1/2 bag but feel she is starting to eat and hope to feed this to her always as I know the ingredients will be so much healthier for her than the other expensive brands I have been purchasing.

February 18, 2016

I could tell the difference in my cats behavior right away!
They seems to have more energy, they played more. I must say it took them couple of days to get used to the change, but once they did, they like it very much. The kibbles are very small and it is making a lot of mess, but I definitely will be buying this brand. My cats are very happy.

February 17, 2016

My cat just loves it. I think it is easy on the stomach and have the texture that millie just loves. I’ll start by pointing out there are 5 animal protein sources in the top 10 ingredients, which is great to see. They’re good choices too, with the top 3 being deboned turkey followed up by chicken and turkey meals – all great, lean meats. Fantastic!
We find green peas and lentils in the top ingredients, as well as sweet potatoes as a source of carbs. These are good choices, as are whole eggs as an additional source of protein which is a solid inclusion in the food.
Salmon oil is included as a source of necessary omega fats, as is coconut oil which is a wonderful ingredient with numerous benefits (anticarcinogenic, helps arthritis and joints, good for coat, skin, and can balance the metabolism). Many vets are saying all cats should be given coconut oil, so it’s always great to see a food which includes it.
I really find this food hard to fault. All the ingredients are well considered and of a decent quality. It’s a great food. Period.I am totally switching over....thanks

February 16, 2016

Beau produit de qualité mon chat a adorée chaque bouché et on voie que ce produit es meilleur pour la sante du chat que cetaines autres marques mais beaucoup trop dispendieux

February 16, 2016

We started using this for our 2 cats about 2 weeks ago. We are usually hesitant about switching brands because they are quite sensitive about that. We had absolutely no problem. In fact, they really like the fact that these are smaller food nuggets and easier for their older teeth to chew. They are eating it regularly and seem to enjoy it.

February 16, 2016

Both cats didn't want anything to do with the food. I tried mixing it with wet food. they would lick and eat the wet food. and some of the dry would be eaten but generally they would just leave it. mind you the dogs would
clean it up if we didn't pick it up.

Updated On: February 16, 2016

based on Sox and Shakey's preference I can't recommend it for the older guys. Both are brothers and 10 years old.
possibly the younger generation would enjoy it more.

February 16, 2016

Unfortunately my cats did not appreciate the Nutrience Grain Free Subzero cat food. I have mixed it with their old food, set out a separate dish of only the Nutrience food - nada. When it was mixed they would push the Nutrience out of the dish and onto the floor to get to their old food. When it was the only thing on offer they would not eat. I have donated the remainder of the bag to our local pet rescue and they really appreciated it. the cats there seem to enjoy the food very much.

Based on personal experience in my own home, I can't recommend this product. That being said, the pet rescue was very impressed and thought it was a terrific product.