NYC New York Color Big Bold Curl Mascara Reviews

Ranked #80 out of 775 in Mascara

October 05, 2016

Love NYC mascaras for their value. They are just as good as the more pricy brands and work just as well. This one is great for the price!!! I usually buy two different kinds, and use both simultaneously, however this is a solid by itself mascara. But at this price you could by four for the price of the average leading brands. The mascara goes on nice and thick and lasts quite a while. Definitely recommend this mascara, especially in pairing with say NYC's volumizing mascara.

June 11, 2016

I tried this mascara and was so thoroughly disappointed in it! It was hard to apply and clumpy!! I could not get it the clumps out and the more I stroked my lashes the worse it got! I bought it because it was cheap and hence the saying "you get what you pay for"!

April 17, 2016

This is one of the most wet looking and feeling mascaras I have ever used. It felt heavy on my lashes, clumped, never defined them as I would have liked, and it did not curl my lashes. the price is good, but I would never use this mascara again.

January 11, 2016

I am absolutely head over heels In love with this mascara. It's so cheap and just amazing.

December 11, 2015

I recently bought this mascara and it was amazing it really made my eyes look great

September 03, 2015

The NYC Big Bold Curl Mascara is the best massacra I've ever used. I use this mascara everyday and it never fails to ensure my eyelashes are bolder than ever. The brush on this mascara is excellent, and never releases those tiny fibres into your eyes like most other mascaras. I would highly recommend it to everyone.

June 09, 2015

It does go on your lashes nicely but will clump if not used all the time. I don't always wear makeup but love this mascara when I do!

May 28, 2015

I like to layer on mascaras, and this one is good for building volume. The only problem I had was that it made my lashes very clumpy. But after cleaning the brush, it was fine.

May 28, 2015

This stuff isn't the most amazing thing ever but it's decent for the price.

April 22, 2015

I wanted to try a new mascara, and found this while browsing Shopper's Drug Mart. It was almost sold out, and the brush design looked really decent on the packaging, plus it was only a few bucks.
Overall I'm really impressed with this mascara, it definitely compares to the ones I have that are like 4 times the price! The brush design really works - it's a big, curved applicator with somewhat dense, long fiber bristles. The brush does hold a lot of product on it that needs to be wiped off before using, but other than that it works SO well. It isn't too big and clumsy to get to the roots of my lashes, and as long as there isn't too much mascara on the wand it doesn't make my lashes clumpy at all. It took a few tries to get the right technique for me, but this brush really emphasizes curl, and it still gives covers my lashes to the tips so I have lots of length and thickness as well!
The formula isn't too wet or dry - I really like the consistency. You have time to work with the mascara a bit, but it isn't all over my lids if I blink too soon. It isn't waterproof, but it does need makeup remover or cleanser to fully wash off.
After a few hours this mascara can start to flake a bit, but it's nothing too out of the ordinary.
I would definitely repurchase this mascara, and recommend it to others. It's so inexpensive, and for me it really does do all it claims to!