NYC Strip Me Off Base Coat Reviews

Ranked #431 out of 1413 in Nail Polish

March 10, 2016

I gotta say I was avoiding glitter polishes (even though I love them!) simply because my nails were getting pretty torn up from removal. When I heard about this product I knew I had to give it a try! It works great, especially for the price! My only issue is I can't resist peeling the polish off before I should but I guess it's okay since then I can try a new colour of sparkley stuff!

October 29, 2015

I bought this after watching this Youtube videos of people doing nail designs. I seen them put the Polish on the outside of their nails for an easy clean up after painting them. I figured I would try it out, it was cheap so I bought it, I like how the clean up is easy especially with the opposite hand I write with, always a mess. I know you use it as a base coat but it works well and I don't feel like redoing my nails. But it is a good product.

March 31, 2015

I've just tried this after buying it this afternoon, and have not let the polish sit very long but applied a coat of the strip me off and a coat of maybelline color shot polka dot polish, and it just came off with the push of my thumb nail. true, I didn't see how long it would last and might have been not quite set, but no fussing with remover and trying to get the dots off the nail even using a traditional top coat. Because I don't tend to want polish on my fingernails much longer than a party this may be very helpful with removal. And you can't beat the price at $1.99.

Updated On: April 02, 2015

I put a coat of the Strip Me Off, 2 coats of the Polka Dot Polish and a top coat on my nails yesterday, when to a party and then peeled everything off this a.m. What a difference, in the past I'd be taking this Polka Dot polish off when nail varnish remover and then still have to scrape off the dots with a cuticle tool because even with a base coat the little dots stuck hard to my nail. This means I can probably wear polish on fingernails without worrying about removal. I'm impressed. Next we'll try glitter polish.

March 24, 2015

These lasted maybe 2 days the first night the thumb started to peel!
They were akward to apply too

March 24, 2015

I use my hands a lot around the house and my right thumb nail started peeling after just one night. When I opened a package, half of it peeled off. Knowing that I had to work the next day, I could not deal with the one peeled off nail so I decided to take them all off after 36 hours. I think if you are really careful, your polish will last a few days, but on me I really can’t see it going past 4 days. As for how easily my polish was able to come off? Oh, it’s a super easy process and oddly enjoyable! Glitter polish is a breeze to remove and base coats like this tempt me to hold massive swatch-a-thons, but I enjoy nail polish way too much to only have it only my nails for a few minutes. All in all, this base coat is well worth the money, but don’t think you’ll get a week of wear out of your polish. Instead, you are more or less sacrificing wear time for ease of removal.

March 09, 2015

Amazing and effective way to remove glitter or even just regular nail polish! Retails for under $2!! Works with a topcoat too, actually works better with a top coat so I had no major issues with chipping! Polish peels off with no damage to your nails. Works best if you use a thick but even coat, let completely dry prior to polish.