NYX Cosmetics Matte Lipstick Reviews

Ranked #656 out of 1019 in Lipstick

July 31, 2016

I have this lipstick in the shade Whipped Caviar, and it is the perfect MLBB shade. The lipstick itself is very pigmented and smooth in application. I love the bullet shape and packaging, which allows you to see the shade of the lipstick from outside the packaging. It is not overly drying, in fact, I would argue it is slightly moisturizing. If there is a problem with dryness, just add a lip balm underneath (I use the EOS lip balms sometimes)! The wear of this lipstick is incredibly, and I would say it lasts about 5-6 hours on me before starting to fade. It is the perfect size and shape to travel with and whip out when you need a little bit of colour added to your face. These are super affordable and definitely my favourite drugstore lipstick. And who doesn’t love a cruelty-free brand?

June 27, 2016

I bought the shade MLS21 Butter and was absolutely disappointed. If you want a good matte lip I suggest getting a NYX Liquid Lip instead. They are much more pigmented and will last longer.

June 08, 2016

I just bought the lip stick and I love it so much. The colour caught my eye quickly and I love how it looks on my lips. It's not as "mate" as i'd like it to be, and would like it a little darker, but it's still a great lip stick in my eyes

March 22, 2016

I have been obsessed with the new matte trend and used to get the NYX liquid lipstick and decided to take a chance on a cream, litteral «lipstick». LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! I got the whipped caviar colour as a test and ended up purchasing perfect red, merlot and eden shades. The texture is soft on the lips, not a true tightening«suede» effect but dries up to a matte effect whithin secondes. Application is easy and smooth and can be used without a lipliner for a more casual on-the-go look or layered and lined for more dolled-up option. And the colours; so rich, pink and red undertones (true reds, no «orangy» pigments), and a wide spectrum of shades from your very traditional nudes to funky blues or purples. If you are looking for a great easy lipstick to dive in the matte trend, pick up your NYX lipstick!!
On the downside, this product is not a longlasting lipstick: don't get me wrong, it holds its shade and matte look all-day but does transfer a lot if you are drinking coffe or eating a sandwich
Over all great price and shade (so many of them), stands out in its drugstore category by the intensity of the colour in all its shades.

January 22, 2016

These are some of my very favourite lipsticks! The colours are so opaque, smooth and not drying to my lips despite being matte. They also last hours without needing to be reapplied.

January 14, 2016

I enjoyed the NYX matte lipstick. The colour selections are nice. The formula goes on smooth. However I don't find the lipstick very hydrating. You have to have smooth lips generally speaking for a nice look. But it isn't as drying as many matte lipsticks. It has a different taste - almost floral. Overall I'd repurchase again.

January 11, 2016

The NYX matte lipsticks completely changed my life ! It's the most durable lipstick I've ever seen, with the best prices and a really good pigmentation. I bought 9 different colors. They are even better than Lancôme lipstick, but 1/8 of the price, so it's an extraordinary good deal. Let me tell you : best lipstick, cheapest price ! That's a go ;)

January 11, 2016

I like the lasting power of this lipstick, but it is very drying. If your lips are not prepped in advance (moisture, scrub), this lipstick does not go on smooth and accentuates every line and flake on your lips.

December 12, 2015

I'm not happy with these matte lipsticks at all. I must say I'm 30 years old, I no longer have those luscious plump lips I had in my teens and early 20s. Which may be the reason why I'm not in love with these lipsticks.

They go into every crease (I don't have many, but obviously the ones I have I'm self conscious about) and makes them appear deeper.

The shades aren't true to the colour of the tube, and they aren't very strong. I always have to put on 3 coats to get the colour to show. They are kind of dry feeling, rather than velvety like the told me at the store. I always end up putting gloss on top, which kind of ruins the purpose of buying a matte lipstick.

I prefer the maybeline matte lipsticks, great colour, feel lovely and staying power.

April 27, 2015

I absolutely love these lipsticks! The dark shades are a bit patchy but other than that they're excellent quality!

jujusamples has posted in the forum topic
Beauty Products

Irememberu added a new review for
Milkbone Brushing Chews

Ssamson22 added a new review for
Milkbone Brushing Chews

KieliAnne has posted in the forum topic
Advent calender

jujusamples has started a new forum topic
Beauty Products