NYX Eyeshadow Base (Pearl) Reviews

Ranked #308 out of 390 in Makeup

October 03, 2016

I hate this product! not at all what i expected it to be. It has big glitter in it which looks like childish makeup on your eyelids. Would not recommend to anyone.

November 27, 2014

This eyeshadow base is just ok. In comparison to the other bases from the same line, it's a lot dryer in texture. The concept is nice -- it makes your eyeshadows appear more vibrant and adds a hint of shine. I don't like this all over my eyelid, but I do like it on the inner part of my eyes (to brighten them). It works great for that, but I don't feel like this product is worth it just for that purpose (I could easily use an eyeliner or something else). For the price, it might be worth a try, but definitely not a must-have.

September 04, 2014

This is a must have staple. Works great as a shadow but is also the perfect highlighter!

September 10, 2011

This is one of the three eyeshadow bases made by NYX (I have reviewed the other two separately). Personally, I don't feel that this product does as it claims to do. It's doesn't prevent creasing, doesn't make eyeshadows more vibrant, and doesn't make your eye makeup wear longer. It is very pretty, but you definetely need a primer underneath it. While it may not serve it's purpose as a base, it certainly does other things.
This "base" is a great way to add sparkle/shimmer to any of your matte eyeshadows. Beware, this product is quite "shimmery." No fallout, but it does glisten in the light. Because of this, I love to use it on my lazy days. Whenever i don't feel like really applying eye makeup, I throw a wash of this base from my lashline up to my browbone. It instantly opens your eyes, and makes you look more awake. Must say, I do love it.

laurelkubecki added a new review for
A & W Rootbeer

White Hot Chocolate

laura2423 has posted in the forum topic
Top 5 AFFORDABLE makeup brands!!

DID YOU KNOW?? CHRISTMAS FACTS